Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 11:33 AM

16 posts, read 78,314 times

Advertisements

I have read the majority of threads concerning midtown and just have a couple of additional conditions that I am wondering if someone would be willing to comment on. I plan on moving from 'Vegas (YEA!!) to mid-town Sac area somewhere in the October time frame and am interested in renting for awhile. My 17-year-old daughter will be with me and more than likely working downtown. I will be check out the Whiskey Hill development and the other listed on the previous page, but can anyone think of other condo to apartment rentals in the area. I would love to be close to light rail as well as a market (any Fresh and Easy's in the area?) My daughter loves techno and other similar types of music,so I am wondering if there are any all age venues in the area. She will be in community college. Thanks in advance! https://www.city-data.com/forum/image...ies/oglvvd.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 PM

8,674 posts, read 17,332,385 times
There is another condo project that converted to rentals, Alchemy on R Street, at 25th and R. There is a condo project at 21st and S, across from Whiskey Hill, but I'm not sure if they are renting those rather than selling.

Safeway (part of the same chain as Von's) is located 2 blocks away at 19th and S, and they have an expanded deli/prepared food section so it pretty much functions like a Fresh & Easy. There aren't any in Sacramento yet. Safeway also delivers groceries to the neighborhood. The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-Op is on 30th and S.

Not aware of any all-ages techno clubs, but that's not my scene and I'm an old geezer so I could be incorrect. There is a teen center getting ready to open in Midtown on 17th and K. There are some all-ages live music venues like Luigi's Slice and 16th Street Cafe, and there are a lot of coffee shops and other hanging-out options in the central city.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 AM

402 posts, read 1,022,742 times
I believe the "Mix" is an 18 and up venue on some nights that has DJ and techno, more of a "club" type scene. There are also several music venues in the area that have all ages access, one in particular in Orangevale (about 10 miles east), but not in that particular music style. It's a tough draw in any town (probably other than Vegas) to find that sort of club atmosphere open to all ages.

As far as rentals, there are literally hundreds of rentals available in the area, and that is no exageration. The best bet honestly is to visit and drive around and find the local that you would like to live, and simply apply. That is exactly what I did, and I had zero problems securing an apartment literally on the first day. They open quickly here, and the great thing is, most do not require a 6 month lease (usually month to month) and only a minimal deposit, so if you don't like the building you are in, you can simply leave.

The units Wburg suggested are good, and if you are looking for newer buildings, check out 15th and Q, 21st and L, or 15th and P. Those are newer apt buildings, that may offer a better living condition than the older buildings, but the drawback is they usually require a 6 mo lease.

The best and easiest approach though is to just do what I suggested and pick the area that you are most comfortable with as far as scenery, noise, proximity to things important to you, and apply at an apartment complex there, because this area is packed with tons of units. I can almost gaurantee you'll find what you are looking for within a very short amount of time.

Good luck.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:38 PM

771 posts, read 1,585,814 times
I don't know about all-ages show, but I've been to an after work hours watering session at Mix and it is very nice, and there's lots of eye-candy for all ages and orientations there. Its a very nice bar. I'm 48, male, straight, and if I wasn't in a relationship I'd hang out there, because its one of the few downtown venues that has not only a good mix of ages, but everyone dresses up and there's a lot of over 40 crowd there.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:21 PM

402 posts, read 1,022,742 times
Yeah, some nights it is 18 and up, or maybe it's the place directly above it. That's one thing I like about Sacramento, plenty of diverse options for entertainment, bars, nightlife, and pretty much all legal drinking ages fit in fine here. I've been at bars here where 20 somethings are conversing with 40 somethings, which I think is awsome.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 PM

8,674 posts, read 17,332,385 times
The OP is looking for a club that her 17 year old daughter can visit, so an 18+ bar isn't much good, at least until next year. I'm pretty sure MIX is 21+. It also caters specifically to an older clientele: on many nights, the cover is $20 for people ages 21-30, $10 for people ages 31-40, and free for people over 40. Not exactly the kind of crowd a 17 year old is looking for, although her mom might enjoy it!

The OP was also specifically looking for condos converted to apartments, although I suppose that other new apartment buildings would fill those requirements. The location at 21st and L is in a much louder neighborhood (right next to the gay club district, with a sports bar downstairs and a metal/punk venue across the street) that would be a lot noisier than 21st and S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento