Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 AM
SKW SKW started this thread

1 posts, read 1,879 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning to move to Sacramento. We want to rent first and buy later. After hours of research, we've narrowed down to Roseville and Folsom. We never live in an apartment before and know next to nothing about the process of renting. I hope to get help from here.

1. Which city is safest? Roseville or Folsom?
2. Which city has the shortest commute to Sacramento?
3. Could I get a decent 2 bedrooms for about $1000?
4. What should I pay attention to when talking to the landlord?
5. If possible, what area would you recommend?

Thanks in advance, I really appriciate anyone who can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
1. Which city is safest? Roseville or Folsom? Both are the same in "safeness"
2. Which city has the shortest commute to Sacramento? It depends on what part of Sacramento you need. Either commute is a lot of traffic
3. Could I get a decent 2 bedrooms for about $1000? Yes - also depends on decent
4. What should I pay attention to when talking to the landlord? ummm Nothing?? I've never concerned myself with landlords - they are who they are, and most of the roseville area or folsom probably are property management anyhow
5. If possible, what area would you recommend?Depends - I rec Roseville and Folsom to people with kids - other then that it's the yuppie areas. I like kitchy fun hip areas...so I always reccommend Midtown

midtowngrid.com, Directory for Sacramento, Midtown, Downtown Sacramento, East Sacramento and Old Saccramento Business Directory for shopping, restaurants, hotels, Sacramento's 2nd Saturday Art Walk, Entertainment and more!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 AM

14 posts, read 37,091 times
1. Which city is safest? Roseville or Folsom? I would agree with the prior posting.

2. Which city has the shortest commute to Sacramento? It all depends on the time you get on the freeway.

3. Could I get a decent 2 bedrooms for about $1000? Agree with prior posting, there are some really nice apartment complexes in East and West Roseville that offer introductory rates under $1000. Check the Sacramento Bee's rental section from the Saturday edition.

4. What should I pay attention to when talking to the landlord? Ask questions and make sure you read and understand the terms of your lease agreement. One question in particular, before you hand over your application $fee PLEASE ask if they accept multiple applications and pick the best of the bunch OR do they process applications on a first come/first serve basis. We failed to ask this question and practically gave $$$ away. Live and learn I guess. If you must know, our combined salaries are $95k/year with A+credit.

5. If possible, what area would you recommend? It all depends on what's important to you and your husband. My wife and I chose Roseville for it's schools (if you have or plan to have kids) and proximity to recreational activities. I have to say, however, that both cities offer a better than average quality of life. If you plan to buy some day, Roseville may offer you more housing choices.

Additional information: I would also check with property management companies in the area. I would highly recommend AIM Property Management. There website if AWESOME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento