Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:48 PM

6 posts, read 29,937 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move from Bay area to North Natomas
Any info on the diversity, schools and crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,438 times
North Natomas is nice area. There is a lot of diversity, as well as good schools. It is also very commutable to downtown. Just remember that it is in the flood plain.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM

23 posts, read 144,571 times
I have a nice house in North Natomas for sale- in the low 700s; 4000+ sq feet w/ a pool.

We're moving north (Granite bay) to be closer to families.

I do think Natomas Park is nice though. People are friendly, tons of amenities, and close to downtown; Plus it is extremely diverse.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 AM

6 posts, read 29,937 times
Thanks very much for the advice!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:42 PM

25 posts, read 97,275 times
My husband and I just moved to North Natomas and we love it. We have been in our house for about 2 months now. I do suggest buying where there is a HOA. The neighborhoods are well kept. I know everyone loves to say "watch out" it is in a flood plain but so is most of sacramento, so I say go for it!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiK View Post
My husband and I just moved to North Natomas and we love it. We have been in our house for about 2 months now. I do suggest buying where there is a HOA. The neighborhoods are well kept. I know everyone loves to say "watch out" it is in a flood plain but so is most of sacramento, so I say go for it!
I agree Honestly, the thing that irks me is that it is really political. That area was considered the flood plain for a VERY long time! Last year is when they all of a sudden (after hundreds of homes and strip malls going up) said that it didn't comply with the Army Corps 100 year flood plain.

Its my opinion that it is all about getting federal funds to bring home to the district. But that is another story all together!

Ya'll haven't seen floods. This afternoon we got a storm here in Fort Worth that I have NEVER seen in Sacramento. The other day we got 5 inches of rain in two hours.

We loved North Natomas when we lived there.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 PM
DMD

2 posts, read 11,935 times
Almost everyone I know that lives in Natomas has had either their car broken into or had their home robbed. If you want a nice suburb try Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 AM

261 posts, read 1,350,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Almost everyone I know that lives in Natomas has had either their car broken into or had their home robbed. If you want a nice suburb try Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, etc.
There is quite a bit of crime in North Natomas. In my opinion, North Natomas is just 10 or so years behind South Natomas. Take a drive South of I 80, and you'll quickly find out that the future is not so good for North Natomas. There are a lot of low-income apartments, car thefts, graffiti (ect). You name it, it is probably going on in North Natomas. The diversity is great. I hear that the schools are pretty decent, too.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:33 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
I had my car broken into in Roseville. I grew up in Roseville. Unfortunately, over the last 15 years, there has a lot of everything in the whole valley. Roseville used to be insolated from such crime. There are things that happen everywhere. Check the local police logs and you will see. You just have to be smart about it. Roseville and Rocklin as a small town with small town problems are no more.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 AM

832 posts, read 3,853,196 times
North Notomas was completely underwater in the 90's during floods. It's in a huge flood plain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento