Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,507 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a new medical officer headed to Travis, AFB for my first Air Force duty station in less than a month. I am single with no children. I have a toy cup poodle who has turned out to be good therapy for me. I am looking to rent a home, with a back yard. I have been looking at homes for rent, however many of them don't allow pets. I was wondering if someone out there can fill me in on a good place to live. I will be on call most of the time, so being close to Travis AFb medical facility is a most. Any advice out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 PM

7 posts, read 20,226 times
Apt or a House? You will probably want to look in Citrus Heights or Carmichael area but it also depends on how far you want to commute. I would recommend checking out rentals on Craigslist some of those private renters will work with you.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,168,505 times
Apt or House? that is important for us to know

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
Default How is it working out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMiss1906 View Post
Hello, I am a new medical officer headed to Travis, AFB for my first Air Force duty station in less than a month.
How is it going at Travis? My wife is an OB/GYN 4th yr resident at Lackland and we've just been told that Travis has several openings in her speciality for next year.
Before she submits her list we're trying to get as much info as we can on our options (also includes Langley AFB, Andrews, Elmendorf). How have you like it so far? How's the facility, base? Where did you end up living, etc...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento