Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:44 PM

467 posts, read 777,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebetalk View Post
I think Lincoln Hills and Sun City, Roseville, are both Del Webb developments. So I think you are suggesting Roseville might be a better choice; shopping-wise and other-wise? I suppose, since Roseville is a larger town, it might also, have more going on (besides retiree-activities). It sounds like Lincoln is mainly about the retirees and outside of that, there isn't much happening. Am I getting the drift?
Spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebetalk View Post
Yes, my husband is older - 75 (still very active) and I am 66. So I like to go and do and may even want a part-time job. He likes to play bridge and play more bridge.
Haha, don't mess with the man's bridge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM

74 posts, read 357,708 times
The places you have listed are pretty conservative. If that matters to you, you will probably want to look in the City of Sacramento. I like Fair Oaks, Arden-Arcade, and Riverpark. The area near Sac State is worth checking out. Or check out Nevada City or Grass Valley.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:36 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,699,951 times
My parents are both 69 years young and they are both "active" just like you guys. They live in a 55+ community in So Cal and LOVE it - they've been there since they were 57.

Before Del Webb in Roseville and Sun City in Lincoln there was Rancho Murietta. Which is really nice from the last time I was there. But I do not know how far you'd like to be from your daughter. As it's the opposite direction from Rocklin. But it's not where families are - unless they are very well to do families, but not many.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,699,951 times
Rancho Murieta real estate

Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,884 times
I met a couple a month or two ago that sound exactly like you. They moved to Auburn from the bay area and love it. They really like the community and activities, live in a nice newer home with a yard but not acreage and they love it. She said it was really easy to meet people and they are pretty active with community stuff. It would be a real easy drive to Rocklin to visit family too. The downtown/old town area have a lot of activities and the fairgrounds usually has something going to. There are a lot of nice older homes in the town too that you can walk to stores and restaurants or many outlying older and new areas if you'd rather be out.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
Have you looked in El Dorado Hills? There are a couple of 55+/Adult active communities. The ones on the north side of 50 are higher elevation and tend to get less fog. There is also a Senior Center here that seems to be quite active. Here is a link to one of the homes available. Looks like HOA fees are high, but I don't know what all they cover. Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento