U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 04:51 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,213,074 times

Advertisements

I still really like the area. But one thing that stuck out this time was the traffic - both on the freeways and on local streets. There are a LOT of people driving around in that region, and the roads seemed busy at all times of day, weekday and weekend, though I think some of it was due to the state fair and traffic heading up to Reno/Tahoe for Hot August Nights.

My first thought was that there must have been a lot of people in the Roseville area without jobs since the streets were so packed on a Friday afternoon at around 1-3pm. But the shopping center parking lots were packed too, so there went that theory. Overall though, it's just one negative aspect to go along with plenty of positives.

I was pleasantly surprised by the weather - low to mid 90's in the afternoons and cool in the evenings. Not bad for late July/early August. Though I would suggest that the Fountains shopping center (an outdoor mall) consider putting up some mister systems like the malls in Phoenix have - or plant more mature trees. Even mid 90's was pretty hot walking around that place.

Checked out a cool sushi place called Tokyo Fro's in Sacramento. Pretty good food and quite the "hip" place to eat sushi it seemed. And we just happened to get there in time for happy hour and take advantage of half price rolls! Fun time.

Overall, great trip. Got to look at the area some more and visit friends and family, both in Sacramento and in the Bay Area. Now if I can just line up a steady contractor webmaster/web design/developer gig to help make the move possible... hell, I might find out the organization I'm with now will let me telecommute out in CA, but I can't really show my hand until I find another gig.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM

13,872 posts, read 24,794,038 times
Yeah, it is a nice area overall.

Regarding the temperatures, though the June through Sept period is a bit hot, the cool evenings really means you only have hot weather from around noon through 7:00 PM.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,999 times
Roseville/Rocklin streets are ALWAYS busy, especially around Stanford Ranch/Galleria Blvd/HWY 65. It doesnt matter what time of day or year. Its a decent area, much much better that Sacramento. The Fountains is a very new outdoor mall, mature trees take time. This summer has been especially mild, 100 degree days are usually the norm in past years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento