Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 10,215 times

Advertisements

what are the people like?

are they accepting to other races?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 PM

12 posts, read 29,195 times
I don't live there but I justed visited and it seems somewhat diversed. We went to the Galleria Mall to see who shopped there and I saw almost every race.

BTW, I am Asian and I understand your concerns.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:38 PM

8,680 posts, read 17,214,021 times
It's very conservative by California standards--a very high percentage of the county votes Republican, more than just about any other California county except maybe Orange County. I suppose that Roseville is the "diverse and urban" part of Placer county, being only 75% white non-Hispanic and with a population of about 100,000. The mall is a regional mall, and draws lots of people from Sacramento County, a more ethnically diverse area, so it may not accurately reflect the city's population.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 29,195 times
Could be true. I should point out the mall was virtually empty. We made it a point to stay around the area during rush hour to see what it was like.

I did see at least one Asian homeowner with a Prius. He was leaving his hous n the Granite Bay Pointe area.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 AM

Roseville is about 5% Asian. They're the largest non-white population in Placer County.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 AM

261 posts, read 1,347,454 times
Many of Roseville's school are more than 5% Asian. I just checked greatschools and it shows the data. Most of the population is Caucasian, followed by Hispanic and then Asian.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM

402 posts, read 1,019,003 times
I think Roseville absolutely beautiful. I was ready to give up on Sacramento and go back to the bay until I found Roseville. There are picturesque views of the mountains, and it's a very clean city with a lot of green trees and vegitation. It feels much less dry than Sacramento to me.

As far as the ethnicity concerns, it doesn't appear to me to be any different in terms of racial makeup than Sacramento. Every time I'm there I see more asian, latino, and mixed race folks than Caucasion. As someone else said, that could be because people come from Sacramento to visit Roseville, but then again, I see this same mix even at places like the Roseville Costco. I doubt that people are visiting Roseville from Sac to go to Costco.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 AM

402 posts, read 1,019,003 times
I thought I'd add that the stastics may filter the number of "asian" people considerably. These statistics are compiled by US Census surveys, and many people may simply not identify themselves as Asian on these surveys. Most people here in Sac are a mix of some other race. For instance, my best friend (who is white) here married an asian woman, and they just had a child. When their child is old enough, she may not identify herself as asian on the US Census survey.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:06 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,271,712 times
Roseville is OK. Locally, there isn't much going on. I think most of the active people living there head into Sacramento, or up into the Sierra Nevada if they are the outdoors type. But mainly, people there are the go to work at 8AM, use the excuse that they need to pick up their kids from school at 3PM so they can get out of work early because they think it is too dangerous to allow their kids to walk .75 miles from school to home, type of people.

Generally, they are middle class. Although, many of them run up huge amounts of debt to give other people the impression they are something more than that. They are fiscal conservatives. Not really religious as some people on here will insist. Sacramento County is a little more religious, with Mexicans (Catholics) being behind that statistic. All in all, nowhere around here is really religious. So, don't confuse conservative and religious as mutually inclusive factors. The two most religious groups in this area are Mexicans and about half the Russians. The majority of both groups live in Sacramento County, which is one of the least religious places in the country.

If you are in the older parts of Roseville where there are older rentals you will see a hispanic population there. Especially around the fairgrounds. However, Roseville extends much further north and east. These are mainly newer developments, build in the last 10-15 years. Most of the people living there are White or Asian.

What you see shopping in West Roseville is the result of proximity to the northern area of Citrus Heights. It is easier to get on I-80, drive a few miles on the freeway, then get off and shop where the offramps direct traffic into shopping centers, and this appears to be by design.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Hm. I was unaware that Confederate flags and Iron Crosses were "fiscally conservative" symbols. Used to see a lot of those in Roseville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento