Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM

51 posts, read 142,894 times

Advertisements

I live here and always here rancho either sucks or is ok . Why? Please explain what's wrong with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 12:35 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,654,906 times
How old are you? Do you have kids? Which part of Rancho do you live...

there are many variables to take into effect to understand someone's opinion on an area.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:01 PM

51 posts, read 142,894 times
I'm 15 don't hate and I lived in Lincoln village by the elementary schools now I live in anatolia

Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times
I think that a lot of folks are hesitant to give Rancho Cordova much in the way of credit because they seem to have a lack of vision.

I know when I first arrived in the Sacramento area I thought the place might be interesting due to their downtown concepts, and what they wanted to do as a new city. But I have recently learned that they have pretty much walked away from most of their original vision. With the slump being longer and deeper than most anticipated, it has given other areas such as Folsom and Sacramento County (south of Rt 50) an ability to get their competing projects more advanced, to compete against Rancho Cordova for future growth and development.

I don't think Rancho Cordova is much different than Citrus Heights or Rosemont, an OK place to live at a moderate price.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM

139 posts, read 828,130 times
I also think there are plenty of nice places in Rancho. You'll be fine there.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 AM

420 posts, read 874,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigep739 View Post
I also think there are plenty of nice places in Rancho. You'll be fine there.
I agree. But my area, with three murders since I moved here in January, near Mills Park Drive, definitely isnt one of them. I had enough of that stuff in South Central L.A. Im moving soon to Monterey County. It aint Bel-Air. But doesnt claim to be either.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 PM

2,473 posts, read 3,219,099 times
There are folks here that prefer to live in a very safe, middle-class to upper-middle class community. Parts of Rancho are OK, parts are run down and nasty-looking. Just the way it is, Bro...

Old 03-26-2011, 06:13 PM

491 posts, read 1,255,459 times
We live in an ok area, but no matter where you live in Rancho, you have to drive through the cruddy parts to out of it. And you have to get out of it to get to decent restaurants and stores because they don't exist in Rancho.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM

409 posts, read 952,383 times
We live in the Anatolia neighborhood of Rancho Cordova which after 6 years remains a tidy and safe community. Rancho is a work in progress as the city strives to attract residents who are looking beyond cheap houses or rentals. The basic retail stores are represented and include Kohls, newly remodeled Target, remodeled Walmart, Safeway, Raleys, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes...you get the picture. Restaurant choices are limited but you have Thai, Mexican, Chinese and traditional American Fare like Chili's. Gold River next to Rancho Cordova has additional dining choices like Chevy's, Outback Steakhouse etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento