Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 PM

169 posts, read 698,562 times

Advertisements

I assume that there would be a lot of foreclosures and inventory. But there has been a few new listings in the past two months. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,872 times
Default Granite Bay

I imagine there are very few foreclosures in Granite Bay because no one ever moves out of the area. When I lived in Roseville, every block I passed why running in the morning was occupied, smile. Sorry Maybe you should try Folsom or Cameron Park.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
My casual, non-critical, search turns up quite a few Granite Bay foreclosures:

Granite Bay Foreclosures, Granite Bay Foreclosure Listings - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I would assume that Granite Bay, while being far larger than my market area, is similar in it's activity. I would suspect that the "new" listings are down because of seasonal influences and perhaps some unwillingness on the part of sellers to be led like lambs to the slaughter.

I know 25 homeowners that would like to sell their homes, but have retired to the sidelines to wait out the recovery of the market. They don't seem to be too concerned about when that might be.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
My casual, non-critical, search turns up quite a few Granite Bay foreclosures:

Granite Bay Foreclosures, Granite Bay Foreclosure Listings - Yahoo! Real Estate
Thanks for the listing. What is the notice to trustee sales(auction) and its process?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
The Trustee sale happens after the foreclosure and before the MLS listing. The bank is required to publish a notice of a trustees sale (I think 30 days before foreclosure) to give the homeowners one final chance to bring their mortgage up to date before evicting them and selling the house at auction.

First, the Trustee puts the home to auction at the county. If the auction price doesn't meet a minimum amount set by the bank, the bank will list if for sale as an REO (real estate owned). Auctions can be tricky and are probably not advised unless you are an experienced investor. Call the county and see when the next auction is held, then go watch it in process. This is not like buying a house through the normal process. You don't get the inspection period, and you have to have cash or quick financing available. A lot of flippers buy this way, fix, and sell at a profit. You cannot get FHA financing for a flip within 90-days of the first purchase, so there is usually substantial improvement that make the 90-day holding period worth it for the investor.

After the auction, if the house doesn't sell, it might be some time before the house is listed for sale as the banks are holding inventory until their other REOs sell so they don't flood the market and depress prices further. There are MANY properties owned by banks that are not yet for sale.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM

86 posts, read 209,805 times
In addition to what NinaN said, most banks put a hold on evictions and foreclosures during the holiday season. The same thing has happened the last three years and it's not just Granite Bay, it's across the board!

Allan Sanchez

Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllansHomes View Post
In addition to what NinaN said, most banks put a hold on evictions and foreclosures during the holiday season. The same thing has happened the last three years and it's not just Granite Bay, it's across the board!

Allan Sanchez
Should I assume that there may be more listings coming out after the Christmas?

Old 12-05-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
The Trustee sale happens after the foreclosure and before the MLS listing. The bank is required to publish a notice of a trustees sale (I think 30 days before foreclosure) to give the homeowners one final chance to bring their mortgage up to date before evicting them and selling the house at auction.

First, the Trustee puts the home to auction at the county. If the auction price doesn't meet a minimum amount set by the bank, the bank will list if for sale as an REO (real estate owned). Auctions can be tricky and are probably not advised unless you are an experienced investor. Call the county and see when the next auction is held, then go watch it in process. This is not like buying a house through the normal process. You don't get the inspection period, and you have to have cash or quick financing available. A lot of flippers buy this way, fix, and sell at a profit. You cannot get FHA financing for a flip within 90-days of the first purchase, so there is usually substantial improvement that make the 90-day holding period worth it for the investor.

After the auction, if the house doesn't sell, it might be some time before the house is listed for sale as the banks are holding inventory until their other REOs sell so they don't flood the market and depress prices further. There are MANY properties owned by banks that are not yet for sale.

Hope that helps.
Are the REO listings accessible? Is there anyway I can find out about them before they hit the market?

Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,029 times
I'm thinking of buying a smaller home in one of the older neighbourhoods where people are still sane, but the houses are cheap. I noticed there are relatively few listings in comparison to a year ago, and it probably has something to do with the foreclosuregate nonsense. I looked up several houses and they have been pulled off the market, but not sold.

One of these days the banks are just going to get tired of having to allow people to remain in these houses who haven't paid their mortgages for two years and they will all be dumped on the market. I'll probably snap one up whenever that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento