Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 AM

4 posts, read 15,558 times

Advertisements

Hi - We are moving to Rocklin in the next month (transfer for husband's work) and we are very excited!
Does anyone have recommendations for good preschools in the area (rocklin, roseville)? I would prefer a Montessori school but would also like to consider other schools that are good. I prefer 2-3 days a week... any feedback would be so appreciated! I've found some schools on the internet but would like to hear from other moms/ families..... thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 AM

179 posts, read 768,332 times
I have heard good things about Countryside Montessori in Citrus Heights. I'm having the same dilema and am looking into preschools now. I'd love to hear opinions, too.

Also, you should check out CACMP.org. It's free Montessori for K-6 (or 8th?).

Old 11-04-2007, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,578 times
I have twin 3 1/2 yr old boys that have been attending Merryhill on Rocklin Road since they were 4 months old. I love this school and would not send them anywhere else!

I like how you can just walk in at anytime and see how they are treating your children!

Their number is 624-4511.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
We sent our daughter to Brighton Schools off Folsom-Auburn. We weren't happy with the lack of a front door lock or other security measures. Often I would just walk in and no one would be at the front desk. Second, the cleanliness in the second classroom she was in bothered me. I was told the janitors for some reason had been skipping that room. Well, if that is the case, why doesn't someone get out a mop and wipe up the floor? Why wouldn't the teachers have cleaned it well if a child spilled juice? We pulled her from that school.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:49 PM

238 posts, read 1,315,653 times
Obviously there are plenty of places close to you in Rocklin, but I'll vouch for Childtime in Roseville, on Pleasant Grove and Foothills. Both of my kids (almost 2 and 5) have been going there for the last 5 months and acclimated very well. We get along with the staff very well. Tight security-- front door requires access code which changes regularly. Ample play area inside and outside (covered). Extremely clean too.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM

216 posts, read 376,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoormom View Post
Hi - We are moving to Rocklin in the next month (transfer for husband's work) and we are very excited!
Does anyone have recommendations for good preschools in the area (rocklin, roseville)? I would prefer a Montessori school but would also like to consider other schools that are good. I prefer 2-3 days a week... any feedback would be so appreciated! I've found some schools on the internet but would like to hear from other moms/ families..... thanks!

Ummm Be prepared for a long wait. We tried to get Montessori school downtown/
midtown and there was 1+ year waits. Also, call up the body overseeing preschools
(forgotten its official name). We were going to enroll our 2 year old in Sacramento
Montessori (dowtown) and found out the day before there was 11 *cited* violations
ranging from inappropriate discipline to rodent issues (which is probably the tip
of the iceberg) over a 3 month period. Good schools have at most 2 citations.

Sacramento preschools are not particularly tightly monitored, the government
agency I refer to was recently chastized because it just warned a preschool about
leaving their pool uncovered and a child later drowned.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpd View Post
Ummm Be prepared for a long wait. We tried to get Montessori school downtown/
midtown and there was 1+ year waits. Also, call up the body overseeing preschools
(forgotten its official name). We were going to enroll our 2 year old in Sacramento
Montessori (dowtown) and found out the day before there was 11 *cited* violations
ranging from inappropriate discipline to rodent issues (which is probably the tip
of the iceberg) over a 3 month period. Good schools have at most 2 citations.

Sacramento preschools are not particularly tightly monitored, the government
agency I refer to was recently chastized because it just warned a preschool about
leaving their pool uncovered and a child later drowned.
Is this the one on D Street? I have a friend who's child is there now, but they are leaving. I considered it, but now I won't! YIKES!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

216 posts, read 376,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToThree View Post
Is this the one on D Street? I have a friend who's child is there now, but they are leaving. I considered it, but now I won't! YIKES!
That's the one. I'm sure they are trying to improve, but its your kid and you
need to look after them.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM

We just had a really bad experience in a Carmichael preschool, too. We were told to report it to the license board. Is that where you can find info. like this?? That would be a huge help in my new search for a good preschool. Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento