U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,567,534 times

Advertisements

Yeah it's official, sac gets another year to get an arena deal done. I hated the magoofs before but after this fiasco my hatred for them is much worse. I still hope they go bankrupt and have to sell.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM

49 posts, read 347,434 times
One more year for sure. Let's see what Johnson can do in the next year.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 AM

107 posts, read 218,471 times
Just a question.. Can something be done at the old McClellan AFB?? Is it City owned now? If a light rail would have to be built to there, wouldnt that have other city/regional benefits?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM

13,860 posts, read 24,604,135 times
If looking at an arena, I don't think they have time to do a McClellan study. The NBA has run out of patience with the Sacramento arena issue, and I really can't blame them. They need to have a plan in place by March that can be executed, and all funding secured.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:15 AM

23,601 posts, read 33,019,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
If looking at an arena, I don't think they have time to do a McClellan study. The NBA has run out of patience with the Sacramento arena issue, and I really can't blame them. They need to have a plan in place by March that can be executed, and all funding secured.
The possibility is wholly dependent upon whether or not they can induce pigs to fly, right?

Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 8,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
One thing I was wondering...the Maloofs own Arco Arena. It is their property. If it has not been properly maintained or upgraded, and allowed to fall into disrepair, why is it the city's responsibility? If I stop fixing up my house, will the city come and do repairs, or buy me a new house, to stop me from moving to Anaheim?
If your house brought in national public publicity to Sacramento, then yes I believe they would assist in fixing your home. The city has financial analysts to determine the beneficent of the investment into a property.

Do I trust our city planners and managers. No. But as of now that is the way it is until we get some people who know what they're doing.

Sacramento has great potential!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM

2,511 posts, read 5,450,782 times
McClellan is a good distance out of the city and there really isn't room for an arena there without tearing something down.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM

23,601 posts, read 33,019,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
McClellan is a good distance out of the city and there really isn't room for an arena there without tearing something down.
Tear, Baby, tear!

PLBBBBPLT!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 PM

8,375 posts, read 15,215,320 times
No, the city of Sacramento does not own anything in McClellan, seeing as it is well outside the city limits. I imagine Rancho Cordova wouldn't mind the idea, but it's almost as ridiculous as having the "Sacramento Ampitheater" outside Marysville.

You're all wrong. It's not about a plan, or about a place to build it. It's about money. Government can act as a multiplier for projects like this, but anything multiplied by zero is still zero: this will need private investment, and the more, the better. Who has the money?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 AM

289 posts, read 470,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Exactly. At least we have the year. It would be a shame to lose the Kings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento