Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 AM

51 posts, read 143,337 times

Advertisements

How many of you will miss the kings? I would be really sad to see them leave.
Also does anyone remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=wVfZ-CU-bx0

Biggest dissapointmemt in my life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Though I have only been following them the past few years I hate seeing them leave the city. After David Stern gave up trying to work out the arena issue this outcome was pretty well sealed.

I don't have "memories" of the team, being more of a Sixers fan myself. But, I enjoyed watching their games and following Petrie's efforts to build the squad.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM

42 posts, read 81,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewzy916 View Post
How many of you will miss the kings? I would be really sad to see them leave.
Also does anyone remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=wVfZ-CU-bx0

Biggest dissapointmemt in my life
Only professional sport team in town. Don't enjoy the baseball so river cat is out of the question.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
The Maloofs are going to pay for this.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:25 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
2002 was the biggest nba fix in history. Google Tim donaghy. He was convicted for throwing games and said the refs working that series told him they fixed it. Shaq damn near broke vladi's ribs and rapist, i mean phony, i mean kobe threw bibby to the ground. What a sham.

The nba is a joke and the execs get together and figure out which teams will make the most money in the play offs. They then tell the refs to officiate accordingly.

If you want to know where the kings fan base went, start there. That fix took a lot of air out of the team and the fan base in this town. Thats probably why stern kvetch MOD CUT is trying to help the maloofs so much to get them a bail out to Anaheim.. He knows what he and the other execs did to the maloof brothers was damn wrong.

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-25-2011 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: let's keep away from ethic sterotypes here please

Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 PM

2,494 posts, read 3,245,156 times
I hope they stay, but the owners, the Maloofs dont seem to have any loyalty to us, just the Almighty Dollar.
I suppose money talks, BS walks.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM

51 posts, read 143,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
2002 was the biggest nba fix in history. Google Tim donaghy. He was convicted for throwing games and said the refs working that series told him they fixed it. Shaq damn near broke vladi's ribs and rapist, i mean phony, i mean kobe threw bibby to the ground. What a sham.

The nba is a joke and the execs get together and figure out which teams will make the most money in the play offs. They then tell the refs to officiate accordingly.

If you want to know where the kings fan base went, start there. That fix took a lot of air out of the team and the fan base in this town. Thats probably why stern the kvetch and sheister is trying to help the maloofs so much to get them a bail out to Anaheim.. He knows what he and the other execs did to the maloof brothers was damn wrong.
Completely agree and that's why I have a grudge against lakers especially how ********ed they acted after they "won." kings suck this, kings suck that, atleast they didn't cheat

Old 03-26-2011, 06:49 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Its pretty much why even pro basketball sucks. It's all a show at the end of the day. It's not real sport when you have suits dictating who should win because of profit margins.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Looks like Mayor Kevin Johnson might have pulled off the improbable, and managed to get Sacramento a one year extension on keeping the Kings in Sacramento if he gets a viable arena plan.

Glad to see Johnson as mayor instead of Heather Fargo, she never would have fought to keep the Kings.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
One thing I was wondering...the Maloofs own Arco Arena. It is their property. If it has not been properly maintained or upgraded, and allowed to fall into disrepair, why is it the city's responsibility? If I stop fixing up my house, will the city come and do repairs, or buy me a new house, to stop me from moving to Anaheim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento