Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:45 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times

Advertisements

Folsom would definately be better. There are some newer developments. There is a bunch of new housing going in I believe in Rancho Cordova, but you have to be really careful there. From what I understand there was a huge influx of refugees there in the 70s and there are spots where it isn't great.

Mather AFB used to be over there as well and is still used for commercial shipping.

Also for one of the best music colleges around, there is University of the Pacific (my hubby's alma mater) down in Stockton that has a wonderful music program.

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 04:42 PM

424 posts, read 2,696,336 times
Default Near Rancho Cordova

You mean Rancho Cambodia?

I forgot to say that the old Mather Air Force Base has been closed down. The base has been changed into a commercial shipping airport, but the area around the old base has been incorporated into its own city (Mather). There is a massive amount of homes being built in this area. You might want to consider moving to Mather. The range of home prices vary from modest to expensive. There are shopping centers being built also. My brother lives in Mather and when he first moved there, he was surrounded by fields. Now there is a brand new Safeway a block away. You'd need to check out the high schools closely. Might be worth checking out.

Folsom is very nice, but also quite expensive now, but Folsom has great schools, great shopping, and nice homes.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 PM

14 posts, read 59,310 times
Thinking of Eldorado hills atm. I am going out Monday to look around. My husband changes his mind day to day lol It seems to me that you pay premium for the lot and the house is not great! Or you pay for the house and the lot sucks. I need to get use to it Houston is just FLAT. Valley and foothills are foreign to me. And my view is of my neighbors fence LOL

Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM

424 posts, read 2,696,336 times
Default Not just your husband

I had to laugh. My husband and I are planning to retire in WA state. Or maybe Dunsmuir, or WA state, or Bend, OR... or seems to change his mind regularly. Hopefully, we will end up in Elma, WA (my choice) one of these days. Until then, Shingle Springs is it.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM

14 posts, read 59,310 times
On my way to El dorado hills to look for a home tomorrow. Wish me luck I am gonna need it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento