Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 9,856 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on where I should live. I am transferring to the Roseville office for my current employer and am very excited. I have been told taht living in Midtown is good for me.

I am a 26 year old single male who is very active and likes to go out for some beers too. I love travelling during weekends and plan to hit up Tahoe and SF as well as many other spots while living there. I guess my question is should I live in Midtown or more on the outskirts?

I am looking for any and all advice.

Thanks,

-Brett
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 03:06 PM

238 posts, read 1,316,077 times
Roseville is where I am now (bought a house here, just relocated from the SF Bay Area), and it's very nice and I enjoy it, lots of active people, but that's coming from the perspective of a family guy with kids (one about to enter the school system). I probably wouldn't recommend it for a single guy. It's all strip malls, suburbs, parks, chain restaurants, and soccer moms. Midtown Sac sounds about right for you. More nightlife (relatively speaking), you'll be a bit closer to SF, which you'll probably be visiting more often than Tahoe anyway. And you'll have somewhat of a reverse commute to Roseville (more people going from Roseville to Sac than vice versa).

Who's your employer?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:18 AM

3 posts, read 9,856 times
My employer is Contech Stormwater Solutions. We are just moving our Office to Roseville when I come out. I love my job as an engineer with them.

Do people reccomend living just outside Midtown? I was looking near the carmichael area. Also, are there many sports clubs. By this I mean soccer clubs or different athletic activities to play. I find that is the best way to meet like minded people.

Thanks,

-Brett

Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM

58 posts, read 287,258 times
Living in midtown Sacramento would put you minutes from the freeway to either Tahoe or SF. Carmichael is definitely the burbs and does not have very convenient access to the freeway. Depending on whether you want to rent or buy, AND your budget, there are condos and aparments in midtown and just a few blocks east into Mckinley Park/East Sac. This area also has the trendiest bars, nightclubs, and restaurants.

Carolyn Montgomery
Real estate agent

Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsky View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for advice on where I should live. I am transferring to the Roseville office for my current employer and am very excited. I have been told taht living in Midtown is good for me.

I am a 26 year old single male who is very active and likes to go out for some beers too. I love travelling during weekends and plan to hit up Tahoe and SF as well as many other spots while living there. I guess my question is should I live in Midtown or more on the outskirts?

I am looking for any and all advice.

Thanks,

-Brett
Since you are in your 20's, and I assume progressive minded, Midtown would be the ideal place for you. Lots of bars, nightclubs, restaurants, a few museums, art galleries, indy theatres, and is well suited for a younger professional. Living "behind the "Rose Curtain", or anywhere in Placer County for that matter, you will not only be bored out of your wits, but it is probably a way more conservative place than where you would want to live. Absolutley NO culture whatsoever, large swaths of ugly tract homes, imported vegetation, and you'd hate it, trust me - unless you want to hang out at the mall and shop during all your free time - lol! The only drawback to living in Midtown is the commute to Roseville. About 20 miles each way.

Last edited by cityx; 08-08-2007 at 08:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento