U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM

23 posts, read 86,339 times

Advertisements

Do any of you truly love living here? Have you always lived here? Where would you want to live if it's not here?

I've lived here all my life and sometimes I think it'd be neat to live in a different state. But in my research I think this is the only area that doesn't get snow in the winter and we have the dry heat. Am I wrong? Is there other states with cities that have weather like us besides the desert areas?

I have been as far out as Georgia and it is so beautiful out there but its so humid. The same with Louisiana, I love it but the humidity kills me. I guess the south is only good for visiting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM

3,724 posts, read 8,858,109 times
I love living here. Weather is a big part of that. Though I am ready for it to stop raining this year.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM

8,383 posts, read 15,237,682 times
I like it a lot. I haven't always lived here, but have for most of my life. I have considered living other places but decided against it. I suppose I could be happy just about any place, but like it here and don't see much reason to leave.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM

I have lived here all my life and I guess I am just bored right now. Maybe the weather is affecting me because I am so sick of the rain! I know the rain is good for us to have but enough already! My whole family lives here and we are very close and I would never want to live too far away from them but I have been looking at other states. I just don't think I would truly be happy with the weather everywhere else.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM

13,860 posts, read 24,627,337 times
I've been in the Sacramento area nearly 5 years now and find it an OK place to live. I wouldn't say I love the place, but I find it to be a comfortable place to reside.

Regarding weather, which seems to come up a lot, that is a matter of taste. Frankly, I prefer the four seasons, so for me the weather is a bit of a minus. I find the areas of Land Park, Midtown and East Sacramento to be nice places to visit/dine/walk, and also like some of the areas downtown too. Unlike some folks, I actually enjoy visiting the Old Town Sacramento area, we especially enjoyed taking our visiting relatives to the Jazz Festival this past weekend.

So overall, I think it is a decent place to live. I've liked other places a bit more than Sacramento, but it has some unique pluses too.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I've been in the Sacramento area nearly 5 years now and find it an OK place to live. I wouldn't say I love the place, but I find it to be a comfortable place to reside.

Regarding weather, which seems to come up a lot, that is a matter of taste. Frankly, I prefer the four seasons, so for me the weather is a bit of a minus. I find the areas of Land Park, Midtown and East Sacramento to be nice places to visit/dine/walk, and also like some of the areas downtown too. Unlike some folks, I actually enjoy visiting the Old Town Sacramento area, we especially enjoyed taking our visiting relatives to the Jazz Festival this past weekend.

So overall, I think it is a decent place to live. I've liked other places a bit more than Sacramento, but it has some unique pluses too.
What are some of the other places you like? I wish we had all 4 seasons too just minus the snow! But I know other states get to enjoy each season and here it seems like we miss Spring and Fall. I would like more of each and not so much of the heat.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Well, I've lived in Cleveland, Columbus, Philly, Kansas City and Washington DC. In addition, I've spent significant time (meaning at least a few months) in Chicago, Providence, Boston, New York, Indianapolis, Daytona Beach and West Palm Beach (where most of my family currently resides).

Of all these cities, my favorite is Cleveland (the metro area, not just the city itself). It has a very large lakefront area, and beautiful suburban areas. It is very green, lots of huge trees and generally pretty well maintained suburban areas. The Emerald Necklace Trail, a large metro park trail ringing the city, is quite impressive. The West Side Market is a fun place to go too.

You probably wouldn't like Cleveland, it gets cold in the winter and they get quite a bit of snow. But, we really liked the area. It surprised us, when I was transferred there I expected to not be too happy about living there, but we ended up really enjoying our stay there.

Emerald Necklace Trail

The West Side Market: Cleveland's oldest publicly owned market

Old 06-01-2011, 04:13 PM

25,627 posts, read 32,322,354 times
Quote:
Well, I've lived in Cleveland, Columbus, Philly, Kansas City and Washington DC. In addition, I've spent significant time (meaning at least a few months) in Chicago, Providence, Boston, New York, Indianapolis, Daytona Beach and West Palm Beach (where most of my family currently resides).

Of all these cities, my favorite is Cleveland (the metro area, not just the city itself). It has a very large lakefront area, and beautiful suburban areas. It is very green, lots of huge trees and generally pretty well maintained suburban areas. The Emerald Necklace Trail, a large metro park trail ringing the city, is quite impressive. The West Side Market is a fun place to go too.

You probably wouldn't like Cleveland, it gets cold in the winter and they get quite a bit of snow. But, we really liked the area. It surprised us, when I was transferred there I expected to not be too happy about living there, but we ended up really enjoying our stay there.

Emerald Necklace Trail

The West Side Market: Cleveland's oldest publicly owned market
Oh yeah sing it Johnny!!!

YouTube - ‪Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere‬‏

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Bulldogdad, such is life in the Dept of Defense. If you stay with them for a career, and advance up the ladder, you generally get moved around quite a bit.

At first I found it a bit annoying, but learned to like living in different areas. It gave me a chance to see what I liked and didn't like about different environments. It also gave me a chance to see what worked and failed as each area developed, so I got a bit of a "lessons learned" perspective from being in so many different places.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM

25,627 posts, read 32,322,354 times
Quote:
Bulldogdad, such is life in the Dept of Defense. If you stay with them for a career, and advance up the ladder, you generally get moved around quite a bit.

At first I found it a bit annoying, but learned to like living in different areas. It gave me a chance to see what I liked and didn't like about different environments. It also gave me a chance to see what worked and failed as each area developed, so I got a bit of a "lessons learned" perspective from being in so many different places.

I was just feeling a little playful and was reading your post while I had the man in black playing in the back ground. One of those serendipity kind of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or