Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,388 times

Advertisements

Could anybody with direct first hand experience please share their opinions and observations on the following schools?

Del Oro High School
Granite Bay High School
Rocklin High School
Whitney High School

I am familiar with the nature of each community as far as housing and shopping and things like that, and I have looked up all the test scores and read reviews. Is there real animosity between Rocklin HS and Whitney HS or just a typical good natured crosstown rivalry? It is hard to tell in the reviews.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 16,058 times
I'm going to bump this up. I'm hoping for comments from people who attended Del Oro. I read comments on Great Schools, but would enjoy a few more. Thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 06:18 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,783,220 times
I attended Del Oro, I think all of the Placer County schools are good, but each one a little different.

Del Oro is different from those in that it has much more of a small town feel for better or worse. It is more rural, compared to the suburban ones and there are definitely more country people but it really isn't too different. Many of the students parents attended, and most teachers are Del Oro grads. There is a toon of school spirit. Its a good school, but I don't think it offers anywhere near the AP classes that Whitney, Rocklin, or Granite Bay would. It is also VERY sports focused, which gets annoying if you aren't an athlete. Practically the whole town of Loomis goes to the football games, which is fun but again sometimes you almost feel like the priorities are wrong.

Altogether I think they are all great schools, but Del Oro is probably not quite as good academically Rocklin, Whitney, or GB. They all seem like they are some of the best in the Sacramento region.

If you have any other questions let me know. I graduated in 09 btw.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,900 times
I think bigdave put it as accurately as possible. GB is probably going to have more high end luxury cars in the lot... Rocklin has its share, too, but pales in comparison. I've had grads tell me it's a little ridiculous. Whitney people have money, too... God knows they all overpaid for their homes. Don't know Del Oro personally but have to agree sports is way up there on the list of priorities... that's obvious if you just read the paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento