U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,786 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I'm a landlord of multiples single house in bay area, San Joaquin county, and now south Sacramento + natomas area. I have a "funny" observation about renters in Sacramento. In term of income, they make the least (including unemployment). However, they demand a lot about the house even it just got remodel. A lot of them refusing running background and credit check as well. Gzz. Thank you very much. Please continue to live at their current place. I only look for regular, responsible, and not ridicules demanding renters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Sacramento, Placerville
2,511 posts, read 5,516,005 times
Reputation: 2247
Incomes in Stockton are generally low, and so is the cost of housing. If you are renting something for $800 a month in Stockton it should be a good-quality rental. Anything above $1000 should be a top-of-the-line rental (for apartments). Really, the rents aren't that low. They are about average. You are coming from a perspective where everything is overpriced.

Anyone who buys rentals in South Sacramento and expects anything less than a hassle is out of touch with reality. You can compare it to E Palo Alto, parts of Oakland, and other neighborhoods where people come from a lineage of welfare recipients who think they are entitled to the same lifestyle as someone who works 60 hours a week.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,786 times
Reputation: 10
The hassle, I was ready for it. The demanding hit me by surprise. I dealt with section 8 renters in the bay area and it was fine.
About the house I'm renting out, it's even better than my 800K house in the bay area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Northern California
1,821 posts, read 2,504,896 times
Reputation: 1786
If you're in the Section 8 housing business you wont get many doctors or lawyers renting. What do you expect, anyways?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Vallejo
16,243 posts, read 18,191,847 times
Reputation: 14483
It's pretty easy to be picky in Sacramento. Most people can afford to buy. The ones renting are doing so because of personal choice rather than necessity. With the rent/buy disparity being next to non-existent in the area, they naturally aren't going to be interesting in spending nearly as much to rent the average garbage dump rental as they would on a sale-ready house.

In particular, South Sac and most of Natomas are dumps that no one really wants to live in. The people living there are going to be the types who are really only interested in maximizing the amount of house for the given dollar. Vacancy rates and foreclosure rates in those areas are particularly high. Low demand, high supply. Of course the people looking in those areas are. They'd be fools not to.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Pueblo, CO
466 posts, read 958,452 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumlord916 View Post
I'm a landlord of multiples single house in bay area, San Joaquin county, and now south Sacramento + natomas area. I have a "funny" observation about renters in Sacramento. In term of income, they make the least (including unemployment). However, they demand a lot about the house even it just got remodel. A lot of them refusing running background and credit check as well. Gzz. Thank you very much. Please continue to live at their current place. I only look for regular, responsible, and not ridicules demanding renters.
The funny (strange) about your observation is for me as a renter the opposite. I come from Germany, living in the US since 2005 and my husband and I where renting in Huntington Beach, CA (he is from South California) Las Vegas, NV, Tulsa, OK, Portland, OR and now at the Oregon Coast. All the rentals were o.k., but it seems that the landlords here in America are doing just the minimum to keep the house or apartment from not falling apart. In Germany we have pretty high standards, even for me who never earned a lot of money (I was an office clerk) could rent a decent place, where everything was up to date. In America some of the rentals had windows that didn't close proper or didn't open proper (that means also the heating/cooling bills are higher), the appliances are old and not always working proper..... It seems that landlords in America often don't have any pride in their property. So, I understand your frustration slumlord916, it is the same on my side too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM
 
54 posts, read 136,014 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagicre View Post
The funny (strange) about your observation is for me as a renter the opposite. I come from Germany, living in the US since 2005 and my husband and I where renting in Huntington Beach, CA (he is from South California) Las Vegas, NV, Tulsa, OK, Portland, OR and now at the Oregon Coast. All the rentals were o.k., but it seems that the landlords here in America are doing just the minimum to keep the house or apartment from not falling apart. In Germany we have pretty high standards, even for me who never earned a lot of money (I was an office clerk) could rent a decent place, where everything was up to date. In America some of the rentals had windows that didn't close proper or didn't open proper (that means also the heating/cooling bills are higher), the appliances are old and not always working proper..... It seems that landlords in America often don't have any pride in their property. So, I understand your frustration slumlord916, it is the same on my side too.
"work properly" ('proper' is an adjective, 'properly' is the adverb you want.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Pueblo, CO
466 posts, read 958,452 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyson View Post
"work properly" ('proper' is an adjective, 'properly' is the adverb you want.)
Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 03:53 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,617 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyson View Post
"work properly" ('proper' is an adjective, 'properly' is the adverb you want.)
tomato---- tomato
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,617 times
Reputation: 10
Who cares
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top