Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,571 times

Advertisements

I am researching condos in the Sacramento/Folsom area and am wondering if anyone out there can please give me any info or opinions on the Madrone condo complex in Folsom, located in Empire Ranch. Would you recomend buying in this complex? Any info you can give me would be appreciated, including:

How financially healthy is the HOA?
Condo rules and regulations
Are there any contemplated or pending special assessments?
Is the HOA involved in any pending legal actions?
How many units are occupied?
What is the HOA fee delinquency rate?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyone6 View Post
I am researching condos in the Sacramento/Folsom area and am wondering if anyone out there can please give me any info or opinions on the Madrone condo complex in Folsom, located in Empire Ranch. Would you recomend buying in this complex? Any info you can give me would be appreciated, including:

How financially healthy is the HOA?
Condo rules and regulations
Are there any contemplated or pending special assessments?
Is the HOA involved in any pending legal actions?
How many units are occupied?
What is the HOA fee delinquency rate?

Thank you!
I almost bought there in 2007. The thing that stopped me was the massive size of this community. And the rules did not protect the buyer... at least that was my interpretation.

4 years later, things have changed significantly, there has been a large turn over of properties, and the prices have decreased 30% or more. FYI - there are no separate entrances. The front doors of each unit open into a general courtyard area, or shared balcony. There are actually very few of these units that have a lake view. BUT, the enteriors are beautiful & they are cheap.

I actually just closed on a single story SFH in Folsom last month. I'm so glad I waited & bought a house.

I don't know hae any answers for the questions you are asking, however, a realtor could give you that information. If you are interested, my realtor was Steve Heard with Keller Williams - he was awesome! Phone: 916 718 9577

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,571 times
Congrats on your SFH in Folsom Caligirlz! Thanks for the feedback on Madrone. I appreciate it. I know prices have gone down in alot of places, making now a good time to buy. It can be difficult to know exactly what you are getting when buying a condo with an HOA and I have been told to be careful in general with this type of purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento