Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 PM

59 posts, read 133,212 times

Advertisements

Evidently, the Obama Administration understands that the medical marijuana industry is out of control in California and in particular, Northern California.

They responded because of the opinions I started in this thread; that many areas of Sacramento and the foothills are not safe places to live because of what people have believed to be an "innocent" drug.

Note the arms and allow for the possibility that these massive operations might be covers for the Mexican drug cartels and if not, the cartels would soon be interested in which gringos had butted into their profits.

Note also, how many other U.S. locations were involved, as if California has become the grower and distributor of marijuana for the entire nation.

I hope these raids continue but I am really concerned that it is too little. At the end of this article, there is a government website where more details are available.

Obama Administration cracks down on medical marijuana | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20111011/BREAKINGNEWS/111019958/1066&ParentProfile=1053 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 09:51 PM

534 posts, read 1,532,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kip60 View Post
Evidently, the Obama Administration understands that the medical marijuana industry is out of control in California and in particular, Northern California.

They responded because of the opinions I started in this thread; that many areas of Sacramento and the foothills are not safe places to live because of what people have believed to be an "innocent" drug.

Note the arms and allow for the possibility that these massive operations might be covers for the Mexican drug cartels and if not, the cartels would soon be interested in which gringos had butted into their profits.

Note also, how many other U.S. locations were involved, as if California has become the grower and distributor of marijuana for the entire nation.

I hope these raids continue but I am really concerned that it is too little. At the end of this article, there is a government website where more details are available.

Obama Administration cracks down on medical marijuana | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20111011/BREAKINGNEWS/111019958/1066&ParentProfile=1053 - broken link)
Ummmm....it is HIGHLY unlikely that the Obama administration....responded because of the opinions you started in this thread. You don't REALLY believe that, do you? They really have other problems than to conduct surveillance on a retired person posting in the city data forums.

I'm sure that local law enforcement was already well aware of the problem and had gang intelligence and surveillance going; and if that article you linked is talking about raiding medical mj dispensaries, that is because of the disparity between fed and state law.

BTW, don't assume and stereotype people. Not all "liberals" believe in tolerance for tweakers; do you think liberals want those kind of people in their communities? Do you think that liberals want gangs running amok? Hell no. However, generally speaking, most liberals ARE tolerant and accepting of people of other cultures and skin colors. Bad apples are bad apples no matter the ethnicity, culture, citizenship, or political party. Don't you think? I know plenty of really nice and warm and hardworking hispanic and black and middle eastern and atheist and gay folks; and a lot of nasty, "christian", lazy white people. It doesn't mean I think all white christian people are nasty or lazy.

I'm not perfect and I know that I unfairly prejudge people; I just hope, kip60, that you'll open your eyes, not think so narrowly, and realize that life is not conservative vs liberal; we're all just neighbors, no matter what ethnicity or religion or political persuasion; that we all want to live in safe, healthy communities. That said, I hope that things get better in your community soon.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM

59 posts, read 133,212 times
Default I can see

How you concluded that I sounded nuts by thinking the Obama Administration responded to my postings. This was badly written and was intended to be written differently. I should have changed it before posting.

I set myself up by using the term liberal; that triggered an emotional defensiveness I should have expected and got off the main subject. I should have been more careful.

No I don't think the citizens of Nevada County want to deal with the homeless, addicted, mentally ill and criminal element that is being drawn to the area. But the problem began with too much tolerance; it looks like every citizen created this atmosphere. How? That has to be their conclusion. I moved away.

Rather than narrow, I believe that to live in peace, we have to live with personal boundaries and hold others responsible for their behavior, as fellow citizens or visitors. New England does this very well.

I am in an interracial marriage and I lived in Mexico and around the world so I am far from narrow. What I am is frustrated and sad in particular about an environment as beautiful as Nevada County in California being taken over by selfish greedy people and dangerous drug cartel gangs with dangerous arms.

I am saying don't blame everything on politics or even the laws. Citizens can change laws; rather than just go along with anyone who wanted to raise a few plants for their own use is like saying everyone should have a small still in their backyard. What's the harm? When does it stop?

Well, we're learning it doesn't stop. Apparently humans are not advanced enough in their evolution to stop themselves from self destructive behaviors..complacency and rationalization and expecting politicians to take care of these problems, when they can't.

On the other hand, it's good for population control; maybe some people just want to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento