U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 01:52 PM

3 posts, read 28,632 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm looking to move closer to downtown Sacramento and have found an apartment in a Victorian fourplex at 14th & G that looks very nice. My question is, how safe is this neighborhood for a 31-year-old single woman? My job necessitates a few late nights per week, which means I'd be coming home between 10:30 and 11:00 pm on those nights (I have to drive to work, so I'd be trying to find street parking at that time of night). Is this an area I should avoid? Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 02:35 PM

8,631 posts, read 16,404,568 times
It's not as bad as it used to be but not ideal. The safer portions of the central city are those on the eastern end: closer to 20th-29th. 21st south of I Street is a high-traffic corridor, safe to walk at night because it's well-lit but kind of loud because of bar traffic.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:37 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,706,649 times
Avoid.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:37 PM

658 posts, read 624,471 times
The eastern section of downtown (midtown) is generally considered safer but I know that 14th/G area very well and know female restaurant/bar industry workers that walk home there late at night and have never had issues. The neighbors are pretty tight knit and you'll see more homeless than other parts of the grid but its actually pretty safe. I wouldn't work about it too much. Pick up a $15 thing of mace to have on hand when walking alone at night and you'll be fine.

Edit: And parking's not an issue in that area, even later at night. You can find a spot within a few hundred feet of your place. Also if you end up there you have Momiji for Japanese right across the street, Sandra Dee's for bbq/sould food and a bar, and New Roma Bakery. The Shine coffee shop is ok but also a short walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: