Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 PM

13 posts, read 24,186 times

Advertisements

thanks shelato. good to know. no, we have a 2005 hyundai accent and 1995 taurus. we love to drive economical, and into the ground. lol. thanks man, i feel much more at ease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 06:35 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
That is the hood I grew up in throughout the 80s and most of the 90s. My mom still lives there and I visit once or twice a month. The area is totally safe.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:00 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Default Town & County Shopping Center neighborhood

I'm not exactly sure of the streets or apartment complexes you are referring to, but I can tell you that the neighborhood has seriously gone downhill in the past couple of years. I spend a lot of time down at T&C (my favorite store is there) and the general area but have definately noticed this first hand.

Last year Dec, William Glenn closed. They occupied a huge store behind TJ. Gore's Baby Furniture etc moved in to their space & have just announced that they will be closing at the end of the year.

My friend owns the Morgan Taylor Salon, and they will be closing. The reason is due to the huge numbers of riff-raff coming through that shopping center resulting in store & car thefts (belongings). Interestingly enough, the shopping center security guards are not allowed to talk to the merchants about store thefts. It appears the shopping center management is afraid that more merchants will want to break their lease & leave.

Other T&C businesses recently closed: Buonarrotis Restuarant, Terrace Cafe.

I have another friend who owns Veyes Optometry across the street. It is a small, independently owned store. They do not have open access, but lock their doors & service is by appointment only. Again, due to the high volume of shady characters that pass through the neighborhood.

I think there are pockets of decent neighborhoods. And it's possible that the neighborhood you are referring to is decent. I'm sure someone here can explain why Sacramento has allowed decent neighborhoods to be surrounded by lower income housing (slums).

I would suggest visiting the shopping center & talking to a variety of ages of workers. Ask them how safe they feel at various times of the day & night.

On a side note, when I first moved to Sacto, I too wanted to live centrally located, and I seriously looked at the Arden/Carmichael area. BUT...as time went on & realized that it was not a desirable area for me. I don't like being on an beautiful island (1 street) surrounded by choppy waters (a whole neighborhood of run down streets & the associated characters).

I suppose the good news is that you are doing a month-to-month lease, so you won't be stuck anywhere's for too long. Another place you may want to try is the www.myfolsom.com forum as there are lots of people who know about rentals all over Sacramento. I recall someone was recently posting an ad for a place in your targeted area. I found the ad, not sure if it is still valid or not>>>> 2 Bedroom Apt For Rent In Sac - Tomato Pages Forums
Celeste @ Romo Properties (916) 698-4128
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento