Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,734 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning a SAC trip March 21-27

Stayiing at the Citizen Hotel, unless you have a better choice

What will the weather be like?

Best SAC Restaurant?

Best French Restaurant ?

Best Sushi ?

Best Breakfast ?

Best Lunch ?

Best Bakery ?

Best Wine/Champagne Bar?

Best Happy Hour?

Best Spa Treatments?

Best High End Shopping?

Best Thrift, Chairty, Consignment?

Thank you for your help xo xo xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,289,625 times
Weather has been unpredictable this year. Normally March is cool and rainy, but it's already warming up.

You might find this useful--last year's "Best of Sacramento" from the Sacramento News & Review, although the food scene here changes so fast there are some great places worth trying that weren't even open yet when this was printed.

Power to the people - Best of Sacramento - Guides - September 22, 2011 - Sacramento News & Review

The Citizen is fine. Just around the corner from some very good sushi and some superlatively good coffee, and a couple blocks from the best dining in the city.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,859,255 times
First, you can find all of this information at yelp.com. But here are my suggestions.

I am planning a SAC trip March 21-27

Stayiing at the Citizen Hotel, unless you have a better choice

Excellent Choice

Should be pleasant, 70-80 degrees, sunny

Best SAC Restaurant?

Depends on what cuisine you are talking about. We have a diverse food scene. My personal favorite is Mulvaney's B and L.

Best French Restaurant ?

As far as strictly French Restaurant, for a formal restaurant, Ambience in Carmichael. For a more casual restaurant, Cafe Rolle in Sacramento.

Best Sushi ?

IMO, Zen Sushi in downtown.

Best Breakfast ?

Original Pancake House in Roseville.

Best Lunch ?

Open only on weekdays, Bud's Buffet for their roast beef plate.

Best Bakery ?

Ettore's in Sacramento.

Best Wine/Champagne Bar?

Dont know

Best Happy Hour?

Dont know

Best Spa Treatments?

Dont know

Best High End Shopping?

Probably Galleria and Fountains in Roseville.

Best Thrift, Chairty, Consignment?

Dont know

Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM

88 posts, read 328,420 times

March is a transitional month and is the tail end of our rainy season...It can be cool and rainy in the 50's , but it can also be sunny and 80 degrees. The 'normal' high for downtown Sacramento for that week in March is 67 to 69 degrees and the normal low is 47 to 49. Most likely the weather will be very pleasant and 'springlike' when you are here.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Thrift/charity/consignment in central city: SPCA Thrift, Thunderhorse, Freestyle, Cheap Thrills, Ed's Threads, Midikat Boutique. There are a bunch of boutiques in the 20th-30th Street block of J Street and a few more on K, but I can't vouch for them because I don't buy girl clothes.

Sushi: Kru on J and 26th, Zen is good, so is Megami around the corner from your hotel, but there are roughly a zillion other sushi places in Sacramento.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM

I want to thank you all VERY VERY much . I will keep an eye out a few days before my arrival date so if iits raining I can change the dates. I am not far away just a short drive from Carson CCity Nv

Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,653,787 times
A couple notes to fill in a couple gaps possibly:
For a March trip, consider bringing a bicycle. Either for recreation, to see the city, or just to have an easier time getting around. (Lots of places only a mile or two away but where parking could will cost a bit of cash.)

Wine: Revolution Wines is decent, but gets extra points for being our only urban winery. 58 degrees and holding is probably the most well-regarded wine bar in town.

Happy hour: Totally depends what you like to drink. A couple classy places to consider are the Shady Lady and Thir13en

Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Actually Revolution isn't the only urban winery--there is also Railbridge Cellars, whose winery is located on North 16th Street and who are currently working on a tasting room on the 14th floor of the Elks Tower (formerly the "Top of the Town" restaurant and the first home of legendary rock radio station KZAP.) There is also Jason's Winery, actually a former partner in Revolution Wines whose operation is based out of Revolution's old digs at 21st and P Street (the old Lovell's Antiques building, the front half is leased out for special events) but he doesn't have a tasting room. I second your other recommendations--Shady Lady is wonderful, as is Magpie next door (and Burgers & Brew next door to that!)

Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 AM

thanks but i will skip the bike i have a convertable.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,653,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Actually Revolution isn't the only urban winery--there is also Railbridge Cellars, whose winery is located on North 16th Street and who are currently working on a tasting room on the 14th floor of the Elks Tower (formerly the "Top of the Town" restaurant and the first home of legendary rock radio station KZAP.) There is also Jason's Winery, actually a former partner in Revolution Wines whose operation is based out of Revolution's old digs at 21st and P Street (the old Lovell's Antiques building, the front half is leased out for special events) but he doesn't have a tasting room. I second your other recommendations--Shady Lady is wonderful, as is Magpie next door (and Burgers & Brew next door to that!)
Ah yes, great correction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento