Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,687 times

Advertisements

We are currently looking at homes in El Dorado Hills and would love some input on what people think of the various neighborhoods. We’ve lived in the general area for years so we’re familiar with the overall area, but want more specifics and opinions on the various subdivisions within EDH.

Our preference is for a neighborhood with larger lots (1/3-1/2 acre-ish), more mature trees (& many of them) but still nice homes and well- kept, desireable neighborhoods and I know sometimes in the older neighborhoods there tend to be more homes that are not kept up and therefore the overall feel of the neighborhood is “less desirable.” Our other criteria is making sure we are in a neighborhood that goes to all local EDH schools (not Cameron Park, Shingle Springs, etc.)

So far, we like Highland Hills/Sterlingshire the best, but it seems the starting price is just a bit over our $500k budget (though we’ve seen some nice ones for $525k.) We also liked Francisco Oaks, but their prices are higher. We also like Waterford. Parts of Ridgeview seem nice, but then again it seems like there are plenty not as well kept homes in that area. We are curious about the Governor’s West area and if it’s “nicer” [for lack of a better term] than its sister neighborhood Governor’s Village. We know to avoid places like Serrano since we don’t want to add a $150+ HOA fee on top of our payment or get only a small lot real close to the neighbors, so we're definitely looking at the older neighborhoods.

Any input on any of these areas would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 04:15 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
There are some nice areas in Governers West - Hensley Circle and the streets nearby. One thing to note is that there are 2 sets of high-voltage power lines that run right through that area and some of the houses have a good view of them :-) Most the homes in there are in the 20+ year old range with larger lots, most have been well maintained, few have been updated. The school boundaries are currently all in EDH.

The majority of the homes north of Green Valley road are on larger lots and well maintained. There are lots of little subdivisions other than Waterford - Marina Village, Windsor Point (and surrounding areas), Green Valley Hills. Once again, many homes have been very well maintained and few have been updated. People choose this area to get big homes & lots at affordable prices. Plus the elementary school there is a National Blue Ribbon school, and the Middle School is right there as well. Once you get North of Waterford, the homes get older with a bit more rural feel about them. Waterford and a couple other areas have lowish HOA fees, the rest don't have any. No Mella Roos up there either.

Ridgeview is similar to Governers West with varying ages/sizes/quality of homes. You would have to take it street by street (not that any of them would be considered a "bad" area). La Cresta near Ridgeview also has some nice homes. To get to the nicer, larger homes in these areas, you have to drive past the older, not quite as nice homes. It's just how things are in that area.

Many people also like Fairchild Village (between EDH Blvd. and Silva Valley) and the area around Timberline Ridge Dr. No Mella Roos or HOA there but the $/sq ft stays a bit higher there than other areas.

Wow, that was a long post. I hope it was helpful. Let me know if you need any more information.

The area near Brooks Elementary is also mixed, but have some very nice places that would be in your price range.

I should add that I live north of Green Valley near Waterford. I love my area with large lots and big trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento