Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,342,200 times

Advertisements

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I canceled my Costco membership. After shopping around I discovered I can get the same or similar items for about the same price and in quantities I would actually use. I don’t have to wait in huge lines either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
I like Costco way better than Walmart that is for damn sure

Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I like Costco way better than Walmart that is for damn sure
Shopping at Costco, though, usually is an exercise in sucktitude.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sac'to is also humid, due to the Sacramento River. Do your research in this regard. It's also prone to getting thick ground fog under certain conditions.
Compared to places like Houston, the humidity in Sac. is nothing.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM

41 posts, read 122,568 times
If the kids are first priority Elk Grove is your best bet. California School Ratings, rankings, test scores

Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 13,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Compared to places like Houston, the humidity in Sac. is nothing.
Houston's humidity sucks big time. I am moving from Houston (Katy) to Folsom in a few weeks.. I am definitely NOT looking forward to spend another summer with 100+ degrees and 100% humidity!!!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 3,765 times
County of Sacramento in general is diverse but the city that you choose may not. I live in a descent city, I don't own a luxury automobile, no expensive toys, I dress as I please (no name brand), commuate to Folsom where I work, and make over $70k (not family/household income). Foslom is a nice city but I don't feel the welcome there. The whole point to that is if you don't live in Folsom or live up to the standard as they do you will be the outsider. I can't keep up with the Joneses. You wil see flashy automobile, expensive toys, dress to impress (name brand), the kids have more exprensvie clothes and gadgets then I do. But if you ignore it and overlook it, Folsom, EDH would be a nice place to live. I think the school district there are great they are supported by major corporations.

You mention that you will work in the Sutter system. Are you in the medical field (MRI tech, X-Ray tech, Nurse)? I have a few friends that work in the Sutter health system their income is about $85k or more but the Bay Area employees income is more because of COLA (cost of living adjustment). If your employer has assigned your location to Sacramento but looking in the Bay Area that will be the opposite of what commuters are doing. People commute from Sacramento to the Bay for higher salary but you would have to factor in the drive time, automobile expense, and family time and see if commuting is right for you. I commuted from Sacramento to the Bay for a year and determine that I was losing more money then I was making, $400 a month in gas alone. The best bet for you is to look for a nice neighborhood and a city with a good school district.

Good luck and welcome to Sacramento.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM

570 posts, read 1,729,778 times
$85k for 4 is hard in here. After tax, rent, etc.. you don't have much leave. You will able to make it, but you won't save much money.

I think the Greenhaven area is the probably the best area at your income range.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:33 AM

41 posts, read 122,568 times
Elk Grove have a very good track record as far as schools. And Elk Grove have new Hospital coming up soon. Mercy just in the finishing touches. I think address is Wymark. But you can see it from Elk Grove Blvd. Google it. 85K will make it here in Elk Grove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento