Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 6,622 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering moving back to California In the Sac area we have been focusing research on Rocklin, Folsom, and EDH, but are open to other suggestions.

For the next couple of years my wife will continue to stay at home with our children. Are there towns or neighborhoods that have higher amount of stay-at-home moms and/or mom's groups? Which towns have the most community activities for young children (i.e. sports, nature classes, art programs, et cetera)? Any negative trends in school performance in recent years?
Are there areas/neighborhoods more known for having community feel?

We live in a great NC community and are trying to be careful in selecting our destination. Appreciate any help you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfqweb View Post
My wife and I are considering moving back to California In the Sac area we have been focusing research on Rocklin, Folsom, and EDH, but are open to other suggestions.

For the next couple of years my wife will continue to stay at home with our children. Are there towns or neighborhoods that have higher amount of stay-at-home moms and/or mom's groups? Which towns have the most community activities for young children (i.e. sports, nature classes, art programs, et cetera)? Any negative trends in school performance in recent years?
Are there areas/neighborhoods more known for having community feel?

We live in a great NC community and are trying to be careful in selecting our destination. Appreciate any help you can offer.
Stay-at-home moms = high earning dads in Sacramento. I think your focus on Rocklin, Folsom, and EDH is right on target. Land Park and East Sac have high earners but my sense is that these neighborhoods are a combination of bohemian/retirees and not many traditional families.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
I live in EDH and there are many stay at home moms here (even when kids get into school). I was a member of a club called Sierra Moms that is made up mostly of moms from El Dorado Hills and Folsom. They have a lot of playdates as well as social groups and activities. Sierra Moms - Mothers Club Serving Folsom, El Dorado Hills, & Surrounding Areas It sometimes takes a bit of time/effort to get a response when joining, but worth the effort. There are also a number of play groups found at www.meetup.com.

The schools here are top rated (along with the other communities you mentioned). Check out School Rankings for the Sacramento metropolitan area, California for more information.

I can't speak for Rocklin, but Folsom and EDH both have community centers with lots of activities and summer day camps for kids, as well as great local and city parks. El Dorado Hills Community Services District -- Recreation, Parks, Events, El Dorado Hills Community Services and Folsom Website - Parks & Recreation . If you are here for the summer, be sure not to miss the parks with the water features, especially Promontory Park in EDH and Livermore Park in Folsom. There are also a couple venues with summer concerts in the park which include lots of activities for kids (EDH puts up free bounce houses on their Friday night events).

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you. My son is 6 and we've been here for more than 3 years and I love it here.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 6,622 times
Thank you for the quick and thoughtful responses. I will check out the resources and may follow-up with more questions.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
You're welcome. DM me if you have specific questions that I can answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento