Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 PM

943 posts, read 1,835,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The NYC lifestyle you mention doesn't really exist here in Sacramento, you'll have to compromise if you want to live here.

San Francisco is MUCH MORE like what you are used to in NYC.

very much agree only thing with SF its way over priced. Sac from what i have seen when i visited is a very groovy city with a nice city lifestyle downtown near the citizen hotel where I stay. Also very affordable You can get a lot more Apartment for lets say $300K then you can in SF

I willl have to comproise like you said if I do it. Only think i notice this week DANG its hot in SAC much more then Tahoe......but your winters are mild........ COMPROMISE lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM

8,680 posts, read 17,206,810 times
A lot of the 1 and 2 bedroom condos are bigger than my house--1200 to 1500 square feet. Do you actually need multiple bedrooms (family, guests) or just a lot of space?

And no, I don't think any of the condos here have doormen. There isn't really any NYC lifestyle anywhere on this coast--San Francisco is the closest approximation, including the cost.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
A lot of the 1 and 2 bedroom condos are bigger than my house--1200 to 1500 square feet. Do you actually need multiple bedrooms (family, guests) or just a lot of space?

And no, I don't think any of the condos here have doormen. There isn't really any NYC lifestyle anywhere on this coast--San Francisco is the closest approximation, including the cost.

Its just for me. I no longer allow people to stay over my home unless its a one night emergency. I had a house guest from HELL who did not want to leave and had to call the police and i learnt my lesson.

need 1. bedroom for me 2. a room that i can convert to a closet / dressing room with good lite for make up and hair. 3. gym 4 a office/ library or I can put a office in the living area and do a wall with books but I really don't want that in my living room. or I will rent a small office in town.

Amenities I like - tennis court / if not a high rise I like to have a terrace where I can put a very small jacuzzi and have it heated for the winter and a mister for the summer.

I live like this now in Tahoe in a 4 bed, but i notice the 4 beds in SAC are scarce.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,124,753 times
Though they are townhouse condos, they have some pretty nice 3 bedroom units located at 26th and I St.

In addition, there is another nice development with 3 bedroom townhouse condos over at 18th and D St.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Though they are townhouse condos, they have some pretty nice 3 bedroom units located at 26th and I St.

In addition, there is another nice development with 3 bedroom townhouse condos over at 18th and D St.

I will deff check it out...... I will be in Sac the first week of Auggie and making a list.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 PM

I am confused about Midtown and Downtown. I stay at the Citizen That is downtown right? what is midtown and what is the difference

When I stay at the Citizen the area reminds me of the E. 20's and 30s in NYC to some degree. It has a nice vibe,

Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,124,753 times
Yes, that is downtown.

I genereally consider Midtown to be the area between 15th St and Alhambra Blvd. It covers the area between the American River to the north and Broadway to the south.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 AM

8,680 posts, read 17,206,810 times
That's downtown. Midtown is the neighborhood just east of downtown, roughly 15th Street. Mostly 1-3 story historic homes and a few apartment buildings. Downtown is west of 15th Street (the eastern edge of Capitol Park) in general, the distinction is mostly imaginary and not entirely accurate, as there are residential neighborhoods north and south of the business district that look pretty much like Midtown, which leads many people to assume that the entire central city is just "Midtown," to the point where some folks even lump in East Sacramento or Oak Park. The "central business district" runs from roughly H Street to R Street from I-5 to 15th, and except on the outer perimeters not many people live there.

There aren't any condos near the Citizen, just some apartment buildings and mostly far smaller than what you're looking for. About the only residential condo towers in the central city (Downtown and Midtown) are the ones I mentioned above. THe ones at 26th and I are cute but barely count as row houses--they are detached buildings (separated by a few feet) with a few feet of yard in between each one. I doubt they have a terrace suitable for a jacuzzi unless you don't mind having one on the ground a few feet from a sidewalk or internal walkway.

Are buildings with their own (shared) gyms or other recreational facilities ruled out? What's your approximate budget?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
That's downtown. Midtown is the neighborhood just east of downtown, roughly 15th Street. Mostly 1-3 story historic homes and a few apartment buildings. Downtown is west of 15th Street (the eastern edge of Capitol Park) in general, the distinction is mostly imaginary and not entirely accurate, as there are residential neighborhoods north and south of the business district that look pretty much like Midtown, which leads many people to assume that the entire central city is just "Midtown," to the point where some folks even lump in East Sacramento or Oak Park. The "central business district" runs from roughly H Street to R Street from I-5 to 15th, and except on the outer perimeters not many people live there.

There aren't any condos near the Citizen, just some apartment buildings and mostly far smaller than what you're looking for. About the only residential condo towers in the central city (Downtown and Midtown) are the ones I mentioned above. THe ones at 26th and I are cute but barely count as row houses--they are detached buildings (separated by a few feet) with a few feet of yard in between each one. I doubt they have a terrace suitable for a jacuzzi unless you don't mind having one on the ground a few feet from a sidewalk or internal walkway.

Are buildings with their own (shared) gyms or other recreational facilities ruled out? What's your approximate budget?
'

thank you for the geography ..... I could never figure that out.

Shared gyms are OKAY.... I have a Pilate's/total gym / lotte burke method / ballet studio built in my apt. and I have a tread mill . I have a personal trainer that comes once a week so A gym would be of no use to me since I have everything I want and just need the space. I find gyms more for men and body builders then for me who wants to sculpt also I don't like working out at gyms and sharing machines.

as per budget I like to stay under a 1-million. but I would go up to maybe 1.2 mill if its spactacular with a low to moderate HOA nothing over $400 a month if that is possible.

i did another seach on California moves for downtown. I dont get it...... how is possible that the most expensive is only 125k Ineed to find a better search engine that has luxury condos in this area.

Notice some nice buildings with penthouses but they are rentals ......lol

Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 AM

I am going to spend the month of Auggie here to see if this is REALLY for me. I know when i visit for a few days I really like it but I need to make sure I find a place I am going to stay for at least 5 yrs.

I moved to Tahoe/carson city in 06 I like it but I need a change and I want city life. and tahoe is close if I want country life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento