U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 PM

5,108 posts, read 8,519,797 times

Advertisements

Elk Grove website designer Rodney Blackwell (www.burgerjunkies. com) has organized the Sacramento Burger Battle, a throwdown and tasting event to be held Sept. 18 at Raley Field. Fifteen restaurants will flip their best offerings in a sizzling quest to determine what some judges will claim to be the best burger in Sacramento.

Tickets are at Sacramento Burger Battle - September 18 charity burger cook-off and tasting event on National Cheeseburger Day

Read more here: Counter Culture: Burger Battle ahead, but no Maranello, at least yet - Dining - The Sacramento Bee

Looks like an interesting list: The Eatery, Restaurant Thir13en, de Vere’s Irish Pub, The Chef’s Table, The Delta King, Kupros Bistro, The Porch, Scott’s Seafood Grill and Bar, Michelangelo’s, The Golden Bear, The Squeeze Inn, Ettore’s European Bakery & Restaurant, The Flaming Grill Cafe, Shady Lady Saloon and Krush Burger.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 PM

4 posts, read 4,553 times
Yummmmmm

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM

5,108 posts, read 8,519,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Looks like an interesting list: The Eatery, Restaurant Thir13en, de Vere’s Irish Pub, The Chef’s Table, The Delta King, Kupros Bistro, The Porch, Scott’s Seafood Grill and Bar, Michelangelo’s, The Golden Bear, The Squeeze Inn, Ettore’s European Bakery & Restaurant, The Flaming Grill Cafe, Shady Lady Saloon and Krush Burger.
I've had the burger at Ettore's and The Flaming Grill (& some of the other places on DD&D) but none of these other places. I'm wondering if anyone else has & how was it. I can't imagine 15 burgers in one afternoon!! But I'd sure be willing to check out each restaurant. Where should I start?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:34 AM

8,418 posts, read 15,398,350 times
I've tried the burgers at Delta King, Squeeze Inn, Shady Lady and Krush Burger. All were excellent. The last is a food truck, but what the heck, the first is a boat!

This is a fantastic town for burgers. A shame that Jim-Denny's and Nationwide Freezer Meats aren't on there, or Burgers & Brew (maybe they lose points for being from Davis.) It's nice to see this town show off its stuff!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 AM

660 posts, read 944,053 times
I can't support anything that supports the Shady Lady. That place is the worst, douchiest bar I have ever set foot in in my entire life, and I've been to a lot of bars. My friend and I got kicked out of there the last time I went, completely sober, without having a single drink! I ordered an "adios mother****er" and the bartender sarcastically and annoyingly informed me that he wasn't going to make me one. Not a "sorry, I can't do that, can I offer you something else?" Just plain refused with no explanation. I asked him why and he said "because I don't ****in feel like it! If you don't like it you can get the **** outta here and take your ****ty business down the street!" I was dumbfounded. I asked him what his problem was (it was me , obviously) and after a few more choice words on his part I asked if he was always a douchebag to his customers or if I was getting preferential treatment. He then called security, ordered them to throw me and my friend out and threatened to have them all kick my ass if I didn't leave immediately. That remains the 1st and only time I or my friend have ever been kicked out of a bar.

The only other experience of note I had had in that place before was a time when myself and a few friends went there in the winter time for another friend's going away party. It was about 40-45 degrees outside, windy and raining pretty hard. There is no covering whatsoever outside (which is whatever) and we had to stand in line for about 20-25 minutes soaking wet before we were allowed inside. Of course there were 5 or 6 other people that walked up and were allowed in immediately (good looking girls and a couple guys who were prob friends of bouncers) but my friends and I spent 10 minutes waiting to get to the front of the line only to wait another 10-15 mins waiting for them to "clear out space" so that they could allow us to come in. I thought this was very peculiar for a random rainy Wednesday evening, but I went with it anyway. After waiting all that time we were finally allowed to go inside and I was shocked to find that rather than looking at a jam packed bar full of people the place was at best around 75% capacity. The bar stools were full, but there were 1 or 2 booths/tables that were EMPTY and plenty of standing room inside to accompany not only my friends and I but the other 10-15 people that were in line as well. Rather than let us come inside to spend money and get out of the elements, they decided to make us stand in line soaking wet so that they would like they were busier than they were! As if people driving by are going to slam on the brakes and jump in line to wait in the rain because the place looks crowded.

Needless to say, **** that place! You shouldn't go there, and shouldn't support anything that could, directly or indirectly, put any money in there pockets. I feel bad for the rest of the businesses that will be competing, but I cannot and will not support anything that has to do with the shady lady saloon.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM

484 posts, read 759,572 times
CeJeh. I don't know why on earth you would stand in the pouring rain to get into ANY joint. As per you getting kicked out the secound time. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I came here a few times and had a blast. Great food and service and got a few free drinks from the bartender.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM

660 posts, read 944,053 times
There was no second time, only 1 time did I get kicked out. And I waited because a friend was moving back east and it was probably the last time I would see them again. That's worth waiting in the rain.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-02-2012 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: a bit snarky there

Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,343,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
Needless to say, **** that place! You shouldn't go there, and shouldn't support anything that could, directly or indirectly, put any money in there pockets. I feel bad for the rest of the businesses that will be competing, but I cannot and will not support anything that has to do with the shady lady saloon.
I don't mean to sound rude, but that's going to be a tough campaign. "Ignore your own experiences! A guy on the internet with a very fishy-sounding story says not to go!" I'd recommend ordering a less profane drink next time?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 PM

8,418 posts, read 15,398,350 times
One bar does not fit all.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM

289 posts, read 478,152 times
lol I just ranted about too many burger joints in another thread. I actually do like a good burger now and then. I tried this new place in Folsom called Burgerocity. I wasn't expecting much but I must say their burgers are really good. They also have really good sweet potato fries. They are bit pricey though. Still I have to give them a plug for the outstanding burger and sweet potato fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento