Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM

484 posts, read 852,571 times

Advertisements

I'm need for some recommendations for moderate to upscale venues for drinks parties. I have a open budget for this.

The average age will be 40's, executive level employment, Euro's, blue blood East Coasters, and Wealthy West Coasters. They are NOT interested in loud clubs with tattooed girls wearing spandex 3 sizes too small chopping gum.

They will be in the Bay area, Sac, Napa, Tahoe / Reno Region for 2-3 weeks checking out the cosmetic company I work for, floor plans, units etc at leading department stores with architects and other designers. My company is in the process of expanding and giving their counters face lifts. Since this is my region I have to entertain them.

thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM

457 posts, read 1,179,677 times
The Park and The Mix (owned by the same guy) used to be nicer for 30+ crowd as a lounge scene. This may be exactly what you're trying to avoid however. I enjoyed these the most in the area but I haven't been out in a couple years.

As for a cocktail hour place other people might have a better opinion. Maybe The Citizen Hotel?

I'd wait for WBurg's or someone else's input that lives in Midtown.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
The Park and The Mix (owned by the same guy) used to be nicer for 30+ crowd as a lounge scene. This may be exactly what you're trying to avoid however. I enjoyed these the most in the area but I haven't been out in a couple years.

As for a cocktail hour place other people might have a better opinion. Maybe The Citizen Hotel?

I'd wait for WBurg's or someone else's input that lives in Midtown.
I agree with the Citizen Hotel. only thing is I AM PERSONALLY SO TIRED of that place lol ha ha . But I think I will have to consider this . Also the Marriott Downtown has a nice vibe.

I will check out the The Park. I have been to the Mix and I made a bee line for the exit pronto. i had a friend with me from NYC and he was soooooo turned off and I felt so bad thus why i am doing pre screenings of these places.

They group is coming in 2nd week in Jan so i have time to pre-screen.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 AM

8,680 posts, read 17,231,006 times
Tired of both Grange and the Scandal Bar? Well, let me put on my thinking cap. High-end elegant is definitely a weak spot for me, I'm more of a dive-bar, greasy-spoon kind of guy.

Not sure if it's quite what you are looking for, but Railbridge Cellars has a unique tasting room on the 13th floor of the Elks Building (the pretty terra-cotta building a block east of the Citizen.) They rent it out for wine and cheese receptions for very reasonable prices, and it offers a beautiful view of the Sierras, the Coast Range and downtown Sacramento.
Rail Bridge Cellars

If you're looking for more of a dinner-and-drinks place, you might try Hook & Ladder on S and 17th. They just opened, same owners as Golden Bear but are going for a slightly fancier crowd--they just opened, but my one experience there (so far) was downright memorable and I have heard really great things about their bartender. Their interior design is both rugged/industrial and designer/comfortable at the same time.
https://www.facebook.com/HookandLadderSacramento

Kupros Bistro at 21st between L and Capitol is a shade more casual but features a gorgeous stained-glass ceiling above the bar. Red Rabbit on J and 27th is also a bit more casual but still comfortable and the food is excellent--but avoid the patio, which is often drowned out with noise from the bro-hams at Bar West.

Not sure if I've suggested the Delta King's bar/restaurant to you before, but it provides a lovely view of the Sacramento River from inside an actual riverboat, and they also have private meeting rooms if you need a more structured but unique environment.

I'm sure there are a couple other places that my mixologist/foodie friends know more about but whose price points make my head spin, and my thriftstore wardrobe doesn't quite make the cut, so my suggestions may not be quite high-end enough.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM

323 posts, read 1,006,117 times
Firehouse in Old Sac?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,644,338 times
I'd second the Rail Bridge Cellars hang out in that it would be very impressive and lovely, but not sure if that's the vibe you're looking for since it's advertised exclusively as "tasting", but they might be flexible for a bigger group. If you can sell everyone on wine, 58 Degrees and Holding might be a possibility. Otherwise, I'd check out all the fancy hotel bars. Citizen has the best vibe, simply because it's a great place, but Sheraton and Hyatt have bars and restaurants that might be worth checking out.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
I'd second the Rail Bridge Cellars hang out in that it would be very impressive and lovely, but not sure if that's the vibe you're looking for since it's advertised exclusively as "tasting", but they might be flexible for a bigger group. If you can sell everyone on wine, 58 Degrees and Holding might be a possibility. Otherwise, I'd check out all the fancy hotel bars. Citizen has the best vibe, simply because it's a great place, but Sheraton and Hyatt have bars and restaurants that might be worth checking out.

Positive this group would find RBC BRILL. thanks to all of you for the great ideas. Now I need to get a drink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento