Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,634 times

Advertisements

I need your advice for finding an apartment near alhambra trangle

Name:Santhosh
Moving from:Helena,Montana
Moving to :Sacramento
WorkPlace:Alhambra Boulevard,Alhambra triangle
Apt :1 BR or Studio 1 bath
Rent : USD 600-800
public transit :close to light rail (gold line -sunrise,folsom or 8th St & K St (NB)) and bus [] as i dont have CAR

Looking for apartment which is safe and close by to light rail.Better if its in alhambra triangle as i can walk to office.I dont have car so i have to use bus and light rail to buy food,grocery etc.Safety is of atmost importance.

I searched using google,apartment finder,apartment guide in nearby locations and have found 1 ( )
apartment

Elms apartment- 2025 28th Street, Sacramento, CA 95818 -I have read reviews about this place but dont know how much i can trust.has anybody lived in this apartment, been there,know people who lived there(i mean the experience) .Their advice is highly sought.Especially the area- Newton Booth -how safe is it.How safe is the apartment.Are there too much drunks or drug peddlers .

Rest are rejected,if people believe otherwise please correct me

Alexan midtown-really good but out of budget

Carol Manor Apartments-bad reviews

Rancho cordova - lots of apartments near rail line but i am not keen as the area near rail line is not safe.Correct me if i am wrong

Downtown and Midtown:Apartments dont have great reviews or too costly

If anybody knows a good apartment satisfying the conditions let me know.Much appreciate your effort to read through post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
Do you have a chance to search locally? If you can, I'd suggest finding a private rental. Most of the nice complexes in that area will tend to be out of that price range. Maybe not as pricey as the Alexan, but still pretty pricey. On the other hand, you could probably pick up one bedroom in a really nice house for that if you don't mind sharing, or a fair to middling one bedroom/studio in Midtown. If you need to secure a residence before visiting or moving, I don't have great advice--perhaps others can help.

Newton Booth is a pretty safe area.

Bring a bicycle or plan to buy one. Way easier to be here without a car if you get comfortable riding a bike. Weather is such that you can do it year round (slightly chilly in winter and warm in summer, but overall tolerable). You can pack bikes on light rail and buses, though it's often too crowded during rush hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento