Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
Here's a more thorough rendering, on page 3. Not that I care what they name their streets, but other names include "Huntington" and "Baldwin". For what that's worth.

I didn't realize they were going to eliminate that awkward hard right at 24th St and Donner, which would push a lot more traffic down the future Crocker rather than the narrow, residential, thorougly speed-humped 24 St to Sutterville. I hope that park can function as a park rather than JUST a detention basin. Back in my hometown, the local park had a small-fenced off detention basin that was often full of water, but the entire park also acted as a backup during large storms, while staying accessible during most of the year. I hope they can manage to keep most of the space accessible rather than fencing off the area shown in the rendering.
What document are you looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
What document are you looking at?
Oops, forgot the link: http://curtisparknews.files.wordpres...-033-plans.pdf

Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
"Huntington" no doubt refers to Collis P. Huntington, another member of the "Big Four" (Crocker, Stanford and Hopkins are the other three) although "Baldwin" could refer to Baldwin Locomotive Works in Pennsylvania, who made locomotives for pretty much every railroad, although notably not Central Pacific in its early days, in part because Central Pacific/Southern Pacific had its own locomotive works here in Sacramento. Not sure if there is a WP connection.

The other weird part is that I thought there were Huntington and Crocker Streets in the downtown Railyards project, the one that is directly associated with the "Associates" (as they were known before they were called the "Big Four") which would preclude naming another street in Sacramento County with the same name...unless they never formally submitted their street names. Hm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento