Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It is. If I was so offended and had no other local choice, I'd move. DHCS's concern and purview is are strictly quality of care, access to services and fiscal. If she complains to them they'll just tell her to take it up with the hospital administration. They have bigger fish to fry than one malcontent's tender sensibilities.
That is a bit overboard possibly.. Regardless... It is not for you or I to pass that judgment...

I assume as Caligirlz says their are guidelines and someone to pass this on too..

Freedom of Religious expression AND freedom from Religious oppression are critical to our country! S0 we do not end up like some middle eastern fundamentalist H*ll hole..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It is. If I was so offended and had no other local choice, I'd move. DHCS's concern and purview is are strictly quality of care, access to services and fiscal. If she complains to them they'll just tell her to take it up with the hospital administration. They have bigger fish to fry than one malcontent's tender sensibilities.
I agree that this is not fraud, but it is potentially a violation of Title 22 Patient's Rights Act. DHCS would most definately want to investigate that. Once DHCS receives notification, they will be out to investigate within 12-24 hours.

http://www.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/med...tRightsCal.pdf
I realize this is not the same facility, but it is the same info.

Also, OP, you could also contact HCFA (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid). However, I would start with the hospital grievance department (if you feel comfortable), or DHCS.

Last edited by caligirlz; 01-22-2013 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
For what it's worth, I do some volunteer work with adult disabled folks in the area and often accompany them to their appointments at that particular Feather River hospital. But have never seen even the slightest signs of proselytizing (and I hate that stuff too), aside from the occasional wall plaque in reception rooms that describes their basic mission and values.

Although infrequently I have noticed a certain lack of "professionalism" with some staff that would obviously never fly in a more sophisticated and urban area, perhaps because so much of the Feather River clientele obviously seems to be low-income and state-subsidized disabled folks, who aren't too ''demanding'' anyway. But even then, the one time it seemed serious enough to speak with the lead administrator (mostly about a staff member with a chronic 'attitude' and demeanor), he was totally professional, supportive and responsive, and we had no further problems. So I find in general that a lot of the "misunderstandings" with these small town communities, especially for some of us who hail from much larger metropolitan areas, is that oftentimes the "locals" just don't know any better. Small towns are great, but just remember that nuthin's ever ''free''!

Old 02-11-2016, 01:18 PM

93 posts, read 182,495 times
Default DISNEY owns Star Wars, and....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
I ran into the christian fascist pigs at Feather River Medical system. That's what happened.
If you're an athiest, you're in deep CACA, pal! St Josephs system, runs HUNDREDS of hospitals in CA, and other states. The Seventh Day people run Loma Linda, St Helena Hospital and dozens more. The Sisters of Orange have their fingers in hundreds of clinics and hospitals. There are scads of cities where these are considered the premiere places to go (for example, St Helena Hospital has people fly in from Europe to have heart procedures done, etc). Often, they are the places of choice, because the alternative is public county run, not-so-clean, and otherwise foul and riskier to use.

Go to a few sites, like the Joint Commission site or another good one is Leapfrog
or even Healthgrades for patients input ( I think it is less accurate than the other official sites, but its there!)

Or, if in severe pain, do like the Lone Ranger and bite on a stick! HAWWW!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:12 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,739,513 times
We moved here in Sept. 2015, and we are both on Medicare. I had a colonoscopy and a heart stress test at the Feather River Hospital and my wife had two procedures, can't remember what, bone density and something else.
Highly satisfied, no complaints.

When you walk in, there are three ladies in the lobby, volunteer retired folks. They ask you what did you came for, then one would take you the to specified department because the hospital is much bigger inside than the appearance from the street. Easy to get lost, we needed help twice to find the exit.
Parking is plentiful and easy. One can get an appointment usually the next day or two.
When I had the stress test I asked the nurse what happens with a heart attack patient, since I am a likely candidate, and he told me they'd take me to Enloe medical center in Chico.
No one ever asked us about religion, not that I'd be bothered, we belong to St. Thomas Moore.

Honestly, it is much easier to get medical care in Paradise than finding someone working on our deck in the backyard.
I tried to get a bid on a small Jacuzzi: one contractor said he is booked for the next thirteen months, the other didn't even return my calls.
Our doctor's office picks up the phone on the second ring and they can take us the same day, or the next.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:29 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I also have had some appointments there, & no one has ever mentioned anything religious to me. Everythng has been on a professional basis.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:00 AM

436 posts, read 302,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
I have spoken to people here before about the medical services on Skyway in Paradise, ca. but I just discovered something. They are a 7th Day Adventist fringe cult - the entire medical system is run by them. I was given literature on their religion when I joined a Pain Management program, and how its a "top priority" for them to instill their particular brand of religion in you. Also, the Behavioral Health clinic in the basement is profoundly proselytzing their mentally ill patients. Which is a very dangerous practice, as most secular psychiatrists know that a person with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders do not "do well" mentally with religion. If this doesn't bother you, fine, but if you are a secular person who plans to live out their life here, you need to know that the hospital is run by this sect, as well.
Yes it is a sect. It is a very dangerous cult. This is also occurring in Weimar, California at a place called the Weimar Institute. They have their prophetyzing videos going all the time. Propaganda all over the waiting room too, including phamplets pushing their prophetess Ellen White.

Religion is one thing. Cult is another. Some people have no where else to go as there are few places that accept Medi-cal in that area.

I was baptized into this sect. It is their purpose in life to bring in more followers. There was rampid abuse so to open a clinic to me, is terrifying. They are distrusting of Child Protective Services & Adult Protetive Services and feel utilizing them isn't of GOD. I never got over what I saw occur in their private school in Auburn Calif just 15 min away. Had to report them. They covered it up. No big deal to them to molest children, totally normal. Just don't go eating a hamburger, that is viewed as sin though no one admits it.

Last edited by Cyclist1968; 12-01-2017 at 08:11 AM..

Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 447 times
I have been going to Feather River Health Center for almost 7 years. they state they are "ADVENTIST" health! Did you not understand what that word means? Never, in 7 years has any type of religion been forced upon me and I take heed to your negative remark about this health center. I have also been in their hospital and have never been treated as good by any other hospital. Anyone reading this, educate yourself!! Choose your own conclusion please.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:02 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnajean Sherrard View Post
... I have also been in their hospital and have never been treated as good by any other hospital. Anyone reading this, educate yourself!! Choose your own conclusion please.
Okay, I took your advice.

US News: Average. Patient experience 3 out of 5 stars
Consumer Reports: 59 out of 100
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade: C

The conclusion I made is that it's a very mediocre hospital. All three rating organizations were all consistent with each other, all agreeing it's a C-grade hospital. If I was in the area and needed care I would go there if I had to; but I wouldn't go out of my way to choose it, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento