Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Most victims aren't demanding to be "treated" any particular way at all. Many LGBT "victims" are indeed hardworking, respectable people minding their own business when persecution comes out of left field. This whole "special treatment" theory is such a load of crap. Another hard-right, myopic view which is really quite tiresome.
Guess that's why you couldn't/wouldn't respond to my post directly. It might explode your agenda. Thank God my daughter has better sense and more strength. When you have to politicize it in partisan terms you're already lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I wouldn't vote for that either. I demand the right to kiss on pretty girls whenever I wanna. You all can just close your eyes if you don't like it.
Would you grant them the right to slap you, too (kidding)!?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Would you grant them the right to slap you, too (kidding)!?
I am assuming a willing partner.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 PM

Let's not make light of the issue. It waters it down. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
OK, there are no jokes in this post. My serious take on this issue is if the Galleria Mall has the same rule for all couples regardless of orientation and enforces it consistently for either, the problem is solved.

I don't know if that constitutes "Orwellian" or these other fears that have been expressed. If the mall revises the rule to be even handed, I say it is not. I suppose if the city or county governments got involved, it could be. That is jumping to conclusions at this point, though.

Just apply the same rule regardless of orientation. Problem solved.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Let's not make light of the issue. It waters it down. Thanks!
Curmy you obstinate old goat. You apparently think you can joke in the thread but no one else can.

Quote:
Yeah. Fresno!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
OK, there are no jokes in this post. My serious take on this issue is if the Galleria Mall has the same rule for all couples regardless of orientation and enforces it consistently for either, the problem is solved.

I don't know if that constitutes "Orwellian" or these other fears that have been expressed. If the mall revises the rule to be even handed, I say it is not. I suppose if the city or county governments got involved, it could be. That is jumping to conclusions at this point, though.

Just apply the same rule regardless of orientation. Problem solved.
Absolutely. It's private property (with reservations due to being a public accomodation) and should enforce the same policy in an even-handed manner.

Quote:
Noe that neither gay "apologist" responded to my posit. Hmm! Agenda time?
Why do you label them "apologists" if they have nothing to apologize for?

Last edited by Senno; 03-14-2013 at 09:32 PM..

Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
Citidata forum must not have any Christians on it, either, because somehow you are not experiencing any hate filled rants.
That's not it, just bored with the standard hate-filled christianphobic responses...plus, **surprise ** not all christians are the same, just as not all (insert "word" here) are the same.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post

"During the course of the investigation, there were allegations that were made that the assault may have stemmed from the sexual orientation of the victim," said Glenn Glasgow, of Davis police.

It's possible that Mikey could have suffered lasting neurological and psychological damage, Partida's mother told KCRA 3.
Very, very sad & heartbreaking.

But once again, the news is making an assumption instead of reporting/investigating the facts.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 PM

815 posts, read 2,699,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Very, very sad & heartbreaking.

But once again, the news is making an assumption instead of reporting/investigating the facts.
-------------------
Ok Ms. Denialist. Here is more specific coverage from News 10 which you can read in entirety online. If that still doesnt suffice, I'll be more then happy to draw you a diagram with big colorful pictures (because apparently you may need that).

-------------
-------------

Mikey Partida, told News 10 that he was walking down a Davis, Calif., street with his cousin after 3 a.m. Sunday morning, when a neighbor started verbally harassing him.
The man continued yelling at Partida, using the anti-gay slur "f****," according to the report, and then started throwing punches.
"I heard him, personally, yelling slurs at him," Partida's cousin Vanessa Turner told News 10. "I know it was unprovoked."

Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Why do you label them "apologists" if they have nothing to apologize for?
Because it's an appropriate term. apologist - definition of apologist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

a·pol·o·gist (-pl-jst)n. A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento