Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:12 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Me thinks you've probably never had to struggle for equality or basic rights so you obviously have no concept of what that means.
There is no justification (or forgiveness) for utter ignorance and intolerance when the resources to facilitate understanding are widely available. People make a conscious decision to hate and discriminate my dear.
ummm...me thinks you are clueless...

I have no need of sharing the details of my personal struggles here.

I know from experience that forgiveness is far more healing to mind, body & soul...and attitude! It's not worth the toll on my health to hold onto resentments & hate as you seem to be doing. I understand that it's really hard to take someone else's advice, and most of us have to go through the school of hard knocks & be utterly beaten down before we give up, and forgive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
That's just gross and disgusting. It's too bad they can't keep this kinda behavior in the closet where it belongs.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 AM

505 posts, read 1,664,704 times
It would be more interesting if we could hear the security guard's side of the story too. Things can be taken out of context easily if we don't know the entire story. I take my kids to the Galleria almost weekly to dine and shop. A peck on the cheek or two guys or girls holding hands won't bother anyone. But imagine a STRAIGHT couple totally tonguing each other, touching inappropriate areas or groaning where children are playing or people are eating. . . I'd report that and ask security to say something whether you're gay or straight. So it might not be an exclusive gay issue. We just don't know the context of the event from both sides at this point.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:18 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiesgirl View Post
It would be more interesting if we could hear the security guard's side of the story too. Things can be taken out of context easily if we don't know the entire story. I take my kids to the Galleria almost weekly to dine and shop. A peck on the cheek or two guys or girls holding hands won't bother anyone. But imagine a STRAIGHT couple totally tonguing each other, touching inappropriate areas or groaning where children are playing or people are eating. . . I'd report that and ask security to say something whether you're gay or straight. So it might not be an exclusive gay issue. We just don't know the context of the event from both sides at this point.
Yes, but who are you going to believe?

Guard: They were being obnoxiously sexually overt: tongues, lips, hands all over the place, groaning, and those kids saw it!

Sweet Innocent Gay couple: Were were just holding hands, and gazing into each other eyes over icee's.

Video Tape: Both couple and guard stretched the truth, the couple actually tongue kissed in addition to holding hands, but nothing more, no groaning nor touching of sexual parts. Kids were oblivious as they were playing games on their mobile phones. Guard was simply neurotically angered because it was two macho dudes kissing instead of the usual dude on chick.

You can't deny the double-standard against Gays. People still cringe, and yell profanities when two men embrace with affection. In fact, Gays are still beaten to death because of it, right here in America and certainly in homophobic cultures like Jamaica and Arab countries. What usually fuels and gives power to this type of hatred and discrimination in America? Evangelical hate speech based on misinterpretations and distortions of the bible or other religious reference.

As Christians, one should know it's one of the worst sins: Judgement and using God's word against fellow brethren.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
[quote=cityx;28600359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post

No..if I look in the mirror I do not see a Christian.
I see a person FED-UP with homophobes guising their hatred of gays under the shroud of their religion.
Most Christians, including myself, do not hate gays, and many of us, such as myself, have many gay family members, friends, and co-workers that we get along with swimmingly. That doesn't mean we agree with, conform to, or promote their lifestyle in any way, but it certainly doesn't mean we hate them in any fashion. We simply agree to disagree and get on with life. We aren't constantly charging at eachother on a social battelfield. We don't feel it's neccessary.

People like yourself are the root of this problem, though. You've thrown the "homophobe/hatred" blanket over the lot of us on the opposite side of this issue, and as a result of your complete and utter ignorance we now have full scale polarization as a result. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you've made war for your cause beneath a premeditated, slanderous, and most of all - largely FALSE - pretense.

All that said, gays kissing in public are always gonna draw more attention than straights, and that is an undeniable fact of life, right or wrong. A large percentage of society is still not ready - or willing - to deal with seeing such things, and so I find these constant overreactions amusing in correlation with LGTB's incessant claims that the rest of the world are non compliant, hate-filled bigots. Bottom line: a business makes it's own rules......don't like them, don't go there.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiesgirl View Post
Precisely, but if "enlightened" progressives like nothing else, they love to demonstrate their "inclusiveness" and moral superiorty by ranting, raving, marching, demonsrating and publicly grieving. It gets real old real fast, means little or nothing and signifies even less, especially when all the facts are unknown. But that certainly doesn't stop them. Any "cause" will do.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
[quote=The Northerner;28602311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post

Most Christians, including myself, do not hate gays, and many of us, such as myself, have many gay family members, friends, and co-workers that we get along with swimmingly. That doesn't mean we agree with, conform to, or promote their lifestyle in any way, but it certainly doesn't mean we hate them in any fashion. We simply agree to disagree and get on with life. We aren't constantly charging at eachother on a social battelfield. We don't feel it's neccessary.

People like yourself are the root of this problem, though. You've thrown the "homophobe/hatred" blanket over the lot of us on the opposite side of this issue, and as a result of your complete and utter ignorance we now have full scale polarization as a result. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you've made war for your cause beneath a premeditated, slanderous, and most of all - largely FALSE - pretense.

All that said, gays kissing in public are always gonna draw more attention than straights, and that is an undeniable fact of life, right or wrong. A large percentage of society is still not ready - or willing - to deal with seeing such things, and so I find these constant overreactions amusing in correlation with LGTB's incessant claims that the rest of the world are non compliant, hate-filled bigots. Bottom line: a business makes it's own rules......don't like them, don't go there.
add to this, there are many gays and lesbians that are Christians..

yes, gays will draw more attention when publically displaying affection; for me, tongue kissing, regardless of who you are should be left at home. That is the jest of this whole thing as far as I am concerned. it isn't holding hands or a little kiss on the cheek.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post

Wow, complete utter denial.

I'll use your words, logic, and complete lack of empathy for another of society's ills.

Alcoholics are always going to drink and drive, thats is an undeniable fact of life, right or wrong, if they kill someone it's just drinking, society is not ready or willing to deal with such things, so I find these constant overreactions amusing when people die in correlation with Mothers against drunk driving incessant claims that the rest of the world is non compliant, arrogant, lazy and selfish for learning not to drink and drive. Bottom line: If you think drunks are out on the road ...don't drive there.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:45 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
As Christians, one should know it's one of the worst sins: Judgement and using God's word against fellow brethren.
And why do you assume we're all Christians? A hell of a lot more people don't believe in your goofy religion than are homosexual.

Anyway, it sounds like a stupid rule, and pretty much everyone who is Christian, including yourself as you've said some judgemental things just here in this thread, are, as I understand it anyway, are probably going to hell. Actually, come to think of it that "moral relativism" seems to be the hallmark complaint of "liberal education" from the Christian Right. Then again, my non-Christian opinion is that "The Christian Right is neither" sums that up pretty well.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Bottom line: If you think drunks are out on the road ...don't drive there.
Actually, the bottom line is that "making out" in public is ill-bred and inappropriate regardless of gender. If that is in fact what they were doing then their mommas obviously just didn't raise them right. Either that or they were going for shock value to try to make some point or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento