Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times

Advertisements

I won't say that the people you see on light rail are always incredibly wholesome, but that's public transit for ya. The people next to me in cars aren't always wholesome either, but it doesn't mean they mean any harm. I don't think any evidence points to crime caused by or in association with light rail stations. I live right by one in Curtis Park (across from slum central at Taylor's Kitchen and Market!) and it's pretty dang quiet.

I would second that Folsom is one of the few suburbs I'm actually interested in visiting and the timing is ridiculously restrictive. Sam Horne's and Lockdown Brewing are cool spots in Folsom, that, ya might say, may preclude one from driving back to Sac afterwards.

By the way, there's a lot of information about the SacRT on the monthly chats with the SacRT general manager. You can check those out here. http://iportal.sacrt.com/WebApps/Onlinechat/ Questions about Folsom trip timing come up pretty regularly. Here's an answer to the waiting time question, and one about the 7 pm shut down, below that:

Folsom, CA: Approximately when will riders see an improvement to the waiting time between trains traveling to the City of Folsom, how much will it cost to make these improvements, and what will be the time improvement (minutes)?
Reply: It's hard to predict exactly when the waiting time between trains traveling to Folsom will improve. The specific improvement that will make this possible is to double-track the line between Sunrise and Hazel stations and between Glenn and Iron Point Station. Since this is now estimated to cost $50 million, with no funding source yet identified, it could take awhile. Once the project is complete, however, it is expected to reduce the waiting time from thirty minutes to fifteen. Also under our current contract with the City of Folsom, the City would be responsible for the increased operating cost.

Folsom, CA: I see that more of the pieces to the puzzle are coming together in Sacramento for a brand new Entertainment Sports Complex at the JMA Ventures Downtown Plaza. In following this story, I have been hearing that this new building would open in late Summer or early Fall of 2016. By the time we get to that point in our lives, will Regional Transit be holding staff meetings with staff at the City of Folsom towsrds the goal of a sensible financial package that will allow us the same light rail service hours that, say Rancho Cordova, has the benefits of enjoying today? Cutting us off of service from Sacramento Valley Station at 6:23pm daily will not allow us to enjoy the Entertainment Sports Complex like our neighboring Ranco Cordova will. The last train from Sacramento Valley Station to Rancho Cordova now leaves at 10:53pm. That would make more sense after an event, even if you began your trip earlier that day in Folsom. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Reply: Thank you for your interest in extending later evening light rail service to Folsom. This is the service addition most often requested. It is, as your question/comments expressed, up to the City of Folsom to pay for additional service under the existing contract. There are two options for providing this service in Folsom. One is for the City of Folsom to request the addition of late night service to the service contract and accept the additional cost for RT to provide that service. Another is for the City of Folsom to annex into the RT service area. If the City decided to annex into the RT service area, revenues that accrue to the City for transit services such as TDA and STA would come to RTand the City service would align with the RT Board adopted service schedule which includes late night service. Both options are out of RT's hands but we would welcome the opportunity to work through either option with the City of Folsom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,793 times
In other words, hell is likely to freeze over before late night RT service comes to Folsom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento