Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 11:22 AM

18 posts, read 56,489 times

Advertisements

I am scouting the Sacramento area looking for somewhat of a rural area where I can purchase home minimum half acre lot somewhere under 150,000. I have no small children just looking for somewhere to live where I can get away from the city hustle and bustle but be close enough to a major city where I can find employment in either the medical or legal field. Preferably no snow, heat does not bother me I have lived in the hot desert of Las Vegas. I want to be close to a major freeway interchange where I can make trips to San Francisco, had been looking at Sonora but with the 49 the commute to San Francisco is 3 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
Do you have a job currently and do you have to commute there regularly? Because 2 hours plus traffic, while better than coming from Sonora, is a horrible commute. If you work in the Bay Area and are looking for affordable rural land, I'd look around 505 near Winters, or close to the I-80 corridor, near Dixon. Still not a fun commute. You might consider finding somewhere that will allow you to commute to either a Capitol Corridor station or a suburban BART station to avoid the traffic and tolls of the Bay Bridge.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:11 PM

18 posts, read 56,489 times
No job currently I am free to choose to work anywhere there is availability. The reason for my need to be in proximity to San Francisco is to be able to see my elderly mother quickly if the situation arises and Sonora being close but the drive on the 49 slowing that drive. I will check Dixon and Winters
thank you

Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Marysville/ Yuba City may meet your criteria. I have no idea about prices. Have you looked?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
Sorry--never followed up on the original post. Marysville could work, though you'll have to check prices. However, if you're buying, you should probably keep in mind your top job prospects. Within a commutable distance to Bay Area, you won't find anything near that price, but you might want to be a little closer to Sacramento. Marysville is a possible, but ugly commute to Sac. I'd also add the Capay Valley, if you don't mind being a little out of the way. Super pretty area. There still isn't much in that area (not that many houses altogether) but you might find something. Such as: 7690 Folsom St, Guinda, CA 95637 | MLS# 13009171 | Redfin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento