Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM

660 posts, read 1,075,980 times

Advertisements

Amazes me that people can freak out over something as petty and trivial as this at a time when there's a huge scandal going on in Washington about the NSA spending your same TAX DOLLARS to buy your phone records and tap calls from Millions of American Verizon customers. Where's the outrage about that? Nope, we're worried about a firefighter in Yolo county making a video on duty. Gimme a break, there's so much more important **** to worry about. Those of you calling for his head have some serious issues that need to be reevaluated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 PM

815 posts, read 2,688,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacramentoBound View Post
That segment was designed to manufacture outrage, not to report on it. None of the people being interviewed seemed remotely outraged. A firefighter misbehaved on duty and spent maybe a couple bucks of gas to drive the truck up and down the street—OUCH, MY TAXPAYER DOLLARS. Give me a break. Slow news day indeed.
Agreed.
To add, CBS13 is a second rate, cheese-factory news station. They always sensationalize news stories and try to create scandal when there isn't one. Ever see how ridiculous and overly animated their reporters are when out reporting on a story? The demographic they're targeting is pretty apparent.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,786,306 times
Now don't get your panties in a bunch I'm just playing with you. I didn't even hear about the story until it was posted here.

And I've never heard of CBS13 (I don't own a tv)

The govt is so damn corrupt on both & all sides. I don't see the point in getting all worked up over it. Yes, lots of people do. I'm related to people who do....and I know lots of people who are trying to create change...it's hard work & not for everyone. Do you really think talking (or complaining) about it on a forum (or Facebook, or website) is gong to change anything, seriously, NO So, unless you are actively working to make change vs whining on a forum, you are the same as those who whine about petty issues (your words). a whiner. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "pot calling the kettle black"....yea.....

Old 06-07-2013, 06:45 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,228,155 times
OMG! Anyone ever heard about film editing?

BTW It is perfectly normal to take an engine out of the station for a few blocks to bring the engine up to temperature and discover any mechanical issues BEFORE the alarm sounds.

I don't watch the local news in general, but that anchor needs to get off his high horse. What a self righteous jerk.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 PM

2,481 posts, read 3,222,040 times
I'm not a violent person but I would actually enjoy b****-slapping CH13 anchor Sam Shane.
What a toolbag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento