Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,805 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I were in Sacramento this weekend looking for apartments. We are moving from Fresno area to Sacramento for new jobs. After much searching, we gave up and just went with the first apartment complex that was easy to get into. The apartment complex is called La Riviera Commons located on Watt Rd & La Riviera Drive. Its footsteps away from the American River.

The apartments were not the greatest but the area seemed nice. Anything to worry about? Aside from knowing to avoid South Sacramento & Oak Park (so we've been told) We are clueless on Sacramento area. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM

216 posts, read 376,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gisele28 View Post
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I were in Sacramento this weekend looking for apartments. We are moving from Fresno area to Sacramento for new jobs. After much searching, we gave up and just went with the first apartment complex that was easy to get into. The apartment complex is called La Riviera Commons located on Watt Rd & La Riviera Drive. Its footsteps away from the American River.

The apartments were not the greatest but the area seemed nice. Anything to worry about? Aside from knowing to avoid South Sacramento & Oak Park (so we've been told) We are clueless on Sacramento area. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you
This area is Rosemont. Its solid middle class. I looked at buying in this
area, but it lacked character. Also, crime statistics from Sac police web
site show a large number of car breaks in. So make sure you get a garage
or something if you have a nice car.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 8,754 times
Angry Don't!!!!!

Please don't move to any of the three apt. complexes on La Riv.. I lived there, for about 1 year. The apts. look nice from the outside, the grounds are nice the inside seem nice. BUT, theyre made so cheaply you can hear everything around you. The noisiest apts I've ever lived in, crime is bad, many cars were broken into other peoples cars were stolen. The manager is a DRUNK. So she lets other drunks and partyers live there. I've never lived anywhere so bad and I've lived all over Sacto.. Please don't move to any of the three properties at La Riv. they are all owned by the same Co.. The walls are so thin you can hear your neighbor sneeze .Or loud TV or hope that you don't have a loud college student next to you. I don't even know if the tv or stereo was loud. You can hear it in your apt. because the apts were made so badly. The other bad thing about these apts.the college is just down the street, it used to be a good safe place for a young college student to live. It isn't anymore. Good Luck.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 8,651 times
Default La Riviera and Salmon Falls Drive

Hi!
I live in the Salmon Falls Drive area, right off of La Riviera and Watt. We've experienced no crime and the area is really quiet. We go walking along the American River for exercise and have seen all kinds of wildlife, even turtles, rabbits and a fox. Our buildings are quiet - we never hear the neighbors - but I hear our location is much better than the buildings directly on La Riviera and backed up next to the river. Our units are mostly owned condominiums, but some are rented out. We have a lot of retired folks living here, plus first-time home buyers and students from Sac State. It is close to all the shopping off Watt and off Arden and is close to the 50 ramps going east or west. When I first moved here from Portland to live with my fiancee', I was unsure what the place would be like, but it has turned out to be really quiet and surprisingly crime-free. I've even accidentally left my purse in our car unlocked overnight and nothing was taken.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,069 times
Default Not so bad....

I lived for 6 years near Watt & LaRiviera. It was on Woodman Way so it's right by those apartments you're talking about. I moved away from there 5 years ago but generally had a very good experience there.

As long as you can handle hearing the police helicopters overhead once per week (more towards Folsom Blvd.) and the increased car insurance cost due to the higher crime rate (lots of stolen cars) then it's really not so bad.

Those apartments are typically full of college kids (from Sac State) so you'll have parties all through the school year and some of them will literally be hundreds of people. We dealt with a few parties with people using our front yard as a bathroom and seeing drunk people EVERYWHERE!!!

The grocery store closed only to have a Dollar Store open in its' place. Not a good trade off (bad clientele). However, most of the houses have been modernized (new windows, new roofs, etc.) and are generally very well kept. The closer you get to Howe Ave. the better it gets but remember you're still in Rancho Cordova so there aren't any great places to live unfortunately.

Would I live there again? Yes. Would I live there if I had kids? No. Why? Homeless camps by the river, no grocery store that's very close, higher crime area, etc. The great parts are walking along the levy or going for bike rides and generally enjoying the views at different times of the year.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:47 PM

4 posts, read 18,291 times
It's almost 2021, and I stumbled upon this thread while searching for updates on the helicopters. La Riviera Commons changed to Apex on the River about a year ago. The grounds look nice. The units are still a dump, even renovated. (All the usual, intolerable issues haven't been remedied. And yet the lease agreement is well over 60 pages.) I grew up in the Sacramento area. I don't know what it is about this little patch of La Riviera Drive, but I would not recommend it to anyone - especially those moving to the Sacramento region from elsewhere and not knowing any better. But it depends on your priorities. It is very close to Hwy 50 (and a paved bike trail if your commute is to Sac State or downtown), and yet doesn't have the roaring freeway traffic noise. That's about the only good thing I can say. From what I can tell, Rosemont overall isn't bad, but I don't have any specifics for those searching in 2020.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:11 PM

415 posts, read 545,222 times
There is a pretty large homeless encampment along Watt Ave on the bike path the connects La Riveria Dr to light rail. The encampment is located between US 50 and La Riveria. So check that out if you were thinking about using light rail and then walking home alone after dark or riding your bike along that bike trail, to those apartments. There is a second older bike bridge over the freeway maybe a quarter mile East of Watt Ave, that connects Manlove Rd to Salmon Falls Drive but the grade is really steep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento