Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 PM

6,907 posts, read 8,279,210 times

Advertisements

Who do you think will get (or should get) the naming rights for Sacramento's New Arena?

Personally, I think "TESLA Pavillion (Arena)" would be be cool. (Cool Cars! and and an 80's Rock Band from Sacramento!)
http://www.teslamotors.com/gallery
http://www.teslamotors.com/press

Tesla - A Nor*Cal company that builds awesome automobiles, 100% emissions-free, 100% non-carbon fuel based automobiles in Northern California. These cars blow-out anything in their class.

"Seimens Arena (Pavillion)", perhaps. The Corporate Giant that builds trains in Sacramento.

"Nugget Arena", - Woodland-based grocer.

Another Silicon Valley company..."Google Arena", "Facebook Arena", "Cisco Arena"

A San Diego company for the Jacobs Brothers investors. "Qualcomm Two".

"Ranadivé Arena", "Vivek Plaza".

Haters need not comment, if you must, at least be humorous.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-18-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 AM

979 posts, read 2,094,390 times
Southwest Airlines Center, or SAC

But most likely it will be named after a technology company. Maybe Intel?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 AM

409 posts, read 957,546 times
Delta Kings Arena

Golden State Pavillion

Capital Coliseum

Ranadive's Rebound Plaza

Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 AM

660 posts, read 1,081,995 times
gonna have to go with no on Siemens, I'm sensing a "sperm bank" nickname or something else that would be funny for awhile and annoying for decades.

Prob gonna be tech company from the Bay, I just hope they give it a cool name and not something hokey or "retro Sacramento" like the Giant Tomato or some ****. Something 21st century would be nice and would properly **** off the NIMBYs even more than they already are.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 AM

I am still stuck on TESLA Arena. Of course they could have a showroom at the redesigned Downtown-Ranadivé Plaza. (A Sacramento Tesla Service Center will be opening soon).

Maybe they could set-up back-office operations at or near the Plaza and employ a couple hundred or so people -- these could be the future residents of the future residential towers soon to be built downtown

Tesla is the first high-tech 21st Century Car company of the future. Cars are manufactured in Northern Cal (Fremont). I love their logo. TESLA is innovative and the future of the electric automobile.

TESLA representatives drove up two of their Model S cars from the Menlo Park and Santanna Row Showrooms and parked them in front of the Capitol yesterday. They answered questions and let people me sit in the cars. They still may be there tomorrow.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-19-2013 at 04:21 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post
Southwest Airlines Center, or SAC

But most likely it will be named after a technology company. Maybe Intel?
Although 80% of Sacramento's flights are on Southwest I just don't like it. Isn't there already a Southwest Airlines Arena, Stadium somewhere in Texas?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
gonna have to go with no on Siemens, I'm sensing a "sperm bank" nickname or something else that would be funny for awhile and annoying for decades.
I hear ya on the "sperm bank" jokes, but SIEMENS is an International Corporate multinational giant known around the world. They build just everything: Engines, turbines, trains, high-tech medical equipment, communications equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
Something 21st century would be nice and would
TESLA Motors - http://www.teslamotors.com/findus

Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM

137 posts, read 344,796 times
TESLA, TESLA, TESLA, TESLA. Sheesh. Give it a rest already.

How about Con Edison Arena?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Keep in mind that the most important thing about naming rights is not the coolest-sounding company, but who offers the most money, which is why our current arena was named after a magic rubberband for a couple of years.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:24 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,653,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacramentoBound View Post
TESLA, TESLA, TESLA, TESLA. Sheesh. Give it a rest already.

How about Con Edison Arena?
To be fair, Tesla would be pretty cool. It sounds impressive, and they're an expanding company from (relatively) nearby. I think the city leaders would be drooling about the prospect of a techy company signing up, because it would make us sound like a tech market instead of a state government/magic bracelet/mattress-based economy

Con Edison is a utility in New York...so I'm guessing not. On utilities and service providers, PG&E doesn't sell electricity here (though they do sell electricity right across the river), so I doubt they'd pony up the money. SMUD probably doesn't have the money to burn, even if they would be allowed to do such a thing. Surewest probably isn't big enough, and they were purchased last year. Comcast already has a stadium I think, and they're not headquartered here.

Apple and Chevron are big companies with money to burn in the Bay Area. Maybe they'd be interested. Apple would come with some cachet and some cash, but it doesn't seem like their style.

Closer to the hearts of the owners, I doubt it'd be worth it for Ranadive to pay to advertise his own companies, because they don't seem like they'd benefit much based on that kind of exposure. And Qualcomm already has a stadium. Of the owners, the only one who seems to have a product that needs advertising is Raj Bhathal, whose company owns, I think, Speedo, and some other clothing lines. But they're headquartered in SoCal, so that might not make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento