U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 10:57 PM

2,851 posts, read 1,760,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
As long as it continues to cool off into the 60s at night during the summer, count your lucky stars. It's a whole different ballgame when your overnight low doesn't go below the 80s for 3 months. Imagine having no cold water. Just hot water. Like, you have only the cold water on, but hot water comes out the whole time.

Would like to move back to the area (lived there for a couple of years as a kid), just need a remote job!

Maybe I am very weird because I don't mind the summers in AZ. I even had a sweater on during Wednesday morning around 6:00am. But I can how the heat can be oppressive for most people here.

But I miss Sacramento's night time weather. I use to love cracking my window to naturally let my room cool off and not use AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 08:51 AM

656 posts, read 616,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Maybe I am very weird because I don't mind the summers in AZ. I even had a sweater on during Wednesday morning around 6:00am. But I can how the heat can be oppressive for most people here.

But I miss Sacramento's night time weather. I use to love cracking my window to naturally let my room cool off and not use AC.
Yeah this past week or two has been bizarrely cool here in Phoenix. Low 60s overnight in late May? High in the mid 90s in late May? It's damn near cold here!

I don't mind the Phoenix summer either. The dry heat is not a big deal for me. The water pipe thing sucks, and also the toll the heat takes on car interiors that aren't shaded. It's more the wife that can't handle the weather, unfortunately. She won't like the Sacramento summer heat, but will probably appreciate that it cools down so low at night.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:36 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,105,240 times
Last June in Sacramento there were a fewhundred plus degree days. I don't know about you, but I had turned on the ceiling fan all the way up and was just sitting at my desk, and I was sweating. Granted, I was on the second floor of the house.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:53 PM

93 posts, read 17,640 times
It’s not great, the summers are horrible. Winter is fine.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:22 PM

921 posts, read 917,321 times
Looks like late May heat wave! Even hotter temps than Arizona which is odd.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:37 PM

2,851 posts, read 1,760,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
Yeah this past week or two has been bizarrely cool here in Phoenix. Low 60s overnight in late May? High in the mid 90s in late May? It's damn near cold here!

I don't mind the Phoenix summer either. The dry heat is not a big deal for me. The water pipe thing sucks, and also the toll the heat takes on car interiors that aren't shaded. It's more the wife that can't handle the weather, unfortunately. She won't like the Sacramento summer heat, but will probably appreciate that it cools down so low at night.

I only experienced two winters here in Phoenix but they have been rather cold. My friend told me that Phoenix's winters are usually not this cold and it even snowed up in Northern Phoenix earlier this year or the year before.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:13 PM

2,816 posts, read 4,052,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I only experienced two winters here in Phoenix but they have been rather cold. My friend told me that Phoenix's winters are usually not this cold and it even snowed up in Northern Phoenix earlier this year or the year before.
That is unusual. I believe on average, it's in the upper 60s during the day, but it can get cold at night -- very similar to Palm Springs. Tucson, I believe, is a smidge colder.

I notice a few hours of rain in the forecast for much of NorCal (including Sacramento) early next week -- and although that's unusual outside of the rainy season, especially since the rainy season was pretty dry to begin with, it will be a nice relief for people's gardens after this current heatwave.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:28 PM

526 posts, read 178,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecali View Post
It’s not great, the summers are horrible. Winter is fine.
I see it the other way around. Summers are better than most anywhere (except So Cal on the beach) and winters are horrible with gray days for weeks and weeks. The fog isn't as bad as it once was but still bad at times. Overall not bad though.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:14 PM

Scorcher today and we may beat May heat records with over 100 temps all week. Over 80 at night and humid.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:51 PM

hot and humid at night
https://weather.com/weather/today/l/95818:4:US

hopefully the rain cools things off later in weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento