Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qohh-T3wcoM

Not my video, but this is one of best ways to spend a summer day in Sacramento whether it's 80F or 100F, and it always feels 10 degrees cooler on American River water.

Last edited by Chimérique; 08-11-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 10:38 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times
tHE best place is to stay in the freezer section at Costco.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
THE best place is to stay in the freezer section at Costco.
Actually we did a food and beer run at Costco before our American River raft ride, how did you know

Floating down the American River in Sacramento sure beats a frigid summer day in SF.

We had a late start, didn't begin the trip until 5pm, rafted for 3 hours down to the house.

Very relaxing trip, had a few spills on the rapids, but the weather was PERFECT!

So right in the Heart of Sacramento, from our River Raft we shared the float with Blue Herons, White Egrets, Red-headed Merganser's, lots of Canadian Geese, Mallard Ducks, Coromorants, and a few Segulls. Oh, and the occasional trout jumping out of the water doing back flips.

We didn't finish until 8pm, it was dusk, and the nocturnes came out, a beautiful Doe and her Fawn were foraging on the river bank, and a giant Owl flew across our path, and a pod of adorable River Otters were diving for fish in front of the raft, so cute.

This is the Sacramento that Bah Areaans know nothing about. Hell, even some Sacramentans know nothing of this Gem in the Heart of Sacramento.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post

Actually we did a food and beer run at Costco before our American River raft ride, how did you know

Floating down the American River in Sacramento sure beats a frigid summer day in SF.

We had a late start, didn't begin the trip until 5pm, rafted for 3 hours down to the house.

Very relaxing trip, had a few spills on the rapids, but the weather was PERFECT!

So right in the Heart of Sacramento, from our River Raft we shared the float with Blue Herons, White Egrets, Red-headed Merganser's, lots of Canadian Geese, Mallard Ducks, Coromorants, and a few Segulls. Oh, and the occasional trout jumping out of the water doing back flips.

We didn't finish until 8pm, it was dusk, and the nocturnes came out, a beautiful Doe and her Fawn were foraging on the river bank, and a giant Owl flew across our path, and a pod of adorable River Otters were diving for fish in front of the raft, so cute.

This is the Sacramento that Bah Areaans know nothing about. Hell, even some Sacramentans know nothing of this Gem in the Heart of Sacramento.

RIVER RAFTING???. OH THE MEMORIES THIS BRINGS BACK

I am THE TRUE born and raised in San Francisco true native not a Sacramentan or those freaks show sissies of today that have ruined San Francisco for good and gave San Francisco a bad name. Always destroying property and giving the police a bad time and blocking off all the streets causing traffic jams as traffic is bad enough with all the construction and overpopulation of people living there now let alone the protests these freaks create to get attention.

I DID THAt riverrafting with my ex-wife and the guides told us (a joke?) not in this case that some couples ended up in divorce trying do this in agreement to make it all work. Well it did not work out as we were constantly fighting but that wasn't unusual in this relationship. Not the first time or the last time. But we did have not such a good time because we didn't get anywhere. I would have been better off with another person. We both would have better off with different people. Our raft got punctured by a rock and we got stranded after fighting over which way and to get the raft moving down the river. Yes fight fight fight.. We were the last ones left on the river missing everybody else left and went home without us. I saw a helicopter fly over us probably was looking for us as there is always suppose to be one of the guides behind to make sure everyone got back ok.

From that day on nevermore. I will stick to fishing and probably alone unless I can find a girl/woman who also enjoys it because it's no fun either when you have to carry a boat anchor with you with someone that doesn't like to do what you like to do. And to make it worse criticize your hobby. Hopefully life will get better as we age but I have no proof of that yet to convince myself such a woman, girlfriend exists who would enjoy this and appreciate fresh caught caught fish.

I do admit my ex- was good in this area. She even cooked the fish head and got the best piece of the fish which is on the side of the head called the medallion. She did cook and filet the fresh salmon I caught in the ocean off the California coast and would smoke the salmon if it got too old. After that every time I ate Salmon in a restaurant or from the store the so called "fresh caught" tasted rotten and spoiled. You must catch, kill and clean the fish the very same day to enjoy the rich taste of Salmon because it makes all others taste spoiled. That is how good fresh Salmon or any fresh fish for that matter is compared to store bought or restaurant bought.. That salmon meat when fresh caught is the color of red grapefruit not pink in color . You look at the eye of the salmon to tell how fresh it is in the store but when you catch it yourself fresh out of the ocean there is no question.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxijkA-rdU

Or you can spend a Summer Day another 20 miles further East of the Lower American River to get more thrills and chills on the Middle Fork of the American.

August 2018

Sacramento - Last 2 weeks from Today: Average High 93F, Average Low 59F

Old 08-19-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxijkA-rdU

Or you can spend a Summer Day another 20 miles further East of the Lower American River to get more thrills and chills on the Middle Fork of the American.

August 2018

Sacramento - Last 2 weeks from Today: Average High 93F, Average Low 59F

I like the freezer section in Costco idea better. Don't need the thrills of crashing into rocks or drowning.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:37 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,005,605 times
Fall is coming....

Old 08-21-2018, 09:33 AM

I love fall and winter. Can't stand summers around here or especially in Sac. area.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I love fall and winter. Can't stand summers around here or especially in Sac. area.
I can't stand a San Francisco Summer; actually there is no Summer in San Francisco :roll eyes:

6:30 PM August 21, 2018

San Francisco - Feels like 59F

Sacramento 72F

Salt Lake City 85F

Seattle 85F - SMOKEY ALL DAY in Seattle

Fresno - 92F - Sacramento is 20 degrees Cooler!

Old 08-21-2018, 07:54 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,005,605 times
Chim waited all summer long to show a 20degree day difference between Fresno and sac. Congrats, Chim. I must say that I admire your patience and persistence, lol. Hey, how was Sacramento two weeks ago when it had near 300 aqi pollution? Sacramento was twice as polluted as Beijing. You never brought it up, so I'm curious. Bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento