Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 10:41 PM

3,464 posts, read 5,261,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Reread what I said. I said, "likely" and I said, "....for this summer".

The forecast you posted is for the Fall, lol. I didn't say anything about Fall temps.

We almost always experience a little bit of the coming season in the present season, (which describes the last 2-3 weeks, highs in the 70's, low's in the low 50's).
Touché! You did say summer, not the rest of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 12:19 AM

6,892 posts, read 8,267,952 times
Also, Notice that 5 of the 7 days you posted shows a heat index of 92F or less.

The coming forecast you posted shows an average High of 87F and average low of 58F for the next 7 days:
Near perfect in my book.

Also notice the diurnal range of 35 degrees from low to high.

Today it was 76F at 12:30 very pleasant all morning long; by 2pm it was 85F, still pleasant. The high was 89F.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:51 AM

3,464 posts, read 5,261,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Also, Notice that 5 of the 7 days you posted shows a heat index of 92F or less.

The coming forecast you posted shows an average High of 87F and average low of 58F for the next 7 days:
Near perfect in my book.

Also notice the diurnal range of 35 degrees from low to high.

Today it was 76F at 12:30 very pleasant all morning long; by 2pm it was 85F, still pleasant. The high was 89F.
Please notice that be 87° average was listed for comparison, to show that the next five days are going to be above-average, with only one day being average and the rest between 92 and 97. The diurnal range is not all that different from mid summer and shouldn't feel all that different to most people, except the days are much shorter, so the warmup is later in the day. I'm definitely noticing much cooler mornings in them San Diego, with the nighttime getting well into the 50s and a diurnal range of about 30 degrees as well. So we are having very similar weather to Sacramento at the moment, just not quite as hot during the day.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM

141 posts, read 534,799 times
No, Sac weather is not great except fall through spring. Ok, I live in Roseville area so it's sometimes 3 deg hotter than downtown Sac but the months of June, July, and August suck immensely. No one is out in the middle of the day in those months unless they must. You can't hike or run unless you go super early and even then it's just too hot. Evenings are too hot to work out or run. If you don't workout, run, hike, and live in your a/c home, a/c workplace, and drive around in your a/c car then you are probably an overweight person contributing to the blight of America. The fat people living and eating in my area are... ok I digress...

Old 10-03-2018, 08:47 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moovin View Post
No, Sac weather is not great except fall through spring. Ok, I live in Roseville area so it's sometimes 3 deg hotter than downtown Sac but the months of June, July, and August suck immensely. No one is out in the middle of the day in those months unless they must. You can't hike or run unless you go super early and even then it's just too hot. Evenings are too hot to work out or run. If you don't workout, run, hike, and live in your a/c home, a/c workplace, and drive around in your a/c car then you are probably an overweight person contributing to the blight of America. The fat people living and eating in my area are... ok I digress...
It does sound like summer is pretty bad especially if you hate triple digits. Though the rest of the year is relatively nice. So that's actually saying more than for a lot of places with miserable whether for most of the year. Obviously, the coast weather is better in the summer. That said, I do have an athletic friend who does triathlons and lives there. Her method is to get out as early in the morning to run/swim/ride as she can in the summer months.

Derek

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM

2,905 posts, read 2,003,475 times
Dew point map for 2016(latest map I could find).

Enjoy, chim

Old 10-03-2018, 09:42 PM

2,905 posts, read 2,003,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
It does sound like summer is pretty bad especially if you hate triple digits. Though the rest of the year is relatively nice. So that's actually saying more than for a lot of places with miserable whether for most of the year. Obviously, the coast weather is better in the summer. That said, I do have an athletic friend who does triathlons and lives there. Her method is to get out as early in the morning to run/swim/ride as she can in the summer months.

Derek
It's all about the wind.
No wind and 90s will feel miserable.
Strong wind can make 100 feel okay.
This Past summer was not a good season for sac wind and that's what people remember(recency bias?). Maybe the delta breeze will start roaring again next year. We shall see.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
It's all about the wind.
No wind and 90s will feel miserable.
Strong wind can make 100 feel okay.
This Past summer was not a good season for sac wind and that's what people remember(recency bias?). Maybe the delta breeze will start roaring again next year. We shall see.
True about wind, but the wind needs to have some moisture to it. If the wind is too dry the heat and wind will not be comfortable.

Sacramento's natural air conditioner during the summer is the Delta Wind(Breeze). The Delta Wind is driven by and accompanied by MOIST-COOL Air.

A wind with no cooling element is just a fan blowing dry hot air. Sacramento has a fan with a COOLING Element-the Cold Pacific Ocean off the coast of Northern California-This is the Delta Breeze.

Last edited by Chimérique; 10-06-2018 at 08:55 AM..

Old 10-06-2018, 08:48 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
Sacramento to have two or three weeks of fall before winter!!

Old 10-06-2018, 08:53 AM

DB, Thanks for the Dew Point Chart.

Sacramento's Dew Points are clearly Very Comfortable.

Notice the SoCal Coast dew points are more humid less comfortable than Sac.

People on the coast don't get that Sacramento-90 miles from the Coast is cooled so dramatically because:

1. Sac has very comfortable dew points unlike the SoCal Coast.
2. The on-shore wind that blows in to Sac is colder and stronger than the SoCal Coast. This is why 100 miles inland from the SoCal coast it's a desert and super hot all night and all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento