Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 01:54 PM

2,890 posts, read 1,994,903 times

Advertisements

Per Google
Last call voting weather(yesterday)
7:40pm

Reno - 42
Portland - 49
Sacramento - 54
San Fran - 55
Vegas - 62
Fresno 62
Los Angeles - 62
San Diego - 66

Well, looks like the fun is almost over. Time to bust out the parkas and hot cocoa.

Ya getting the inversion layer as well, chim?

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 11-07-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:04 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times
^^^^ hey, you forgot us in Phoenix�� We're enjoying our weather sweet-spot right now.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:54 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcolin View Post
The weather is fantastic at the moment. 4th best climate in the nation.
Source, please? Relative to what?

The thing is, if people want to believe all of the fairy tales about Sacramento, nobody will be able to talk them out of it. I've done the same thing as far as not wanting to hear the truth about places I wanted to move to.

But, after I moved somewhere and realized it wasn't Shangri-La, I then remembered echoes of what people tried to tell me.

So, here we are being the echoes of sanity that someone will remember after moving to Sacramento and realizing that the weather isn't perfect, that the air quality is horrible - even if there are things that are nice about Sacto otherwise.

But, if they'd really understood the reality, they may have decided differently.

Of course, everything is relative. I'd rather live in Sacramento, for instance, than anywhere with really high humidity.

That said, compared to other options that don't have high humidity - or a lot of snow - Sacramento would be at the bottom of my list - now that I have lived there, myself, and know better.

Does that mean the weather might not be perfect right at this moment in Sacramento? No. But, pretty much anywhere can have a moment in time of great weather.

Does that make it a great place to live year-round? No.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
When it is in the 80's, most Sacramentans do not need A/C because of our very comfortable dew points so I have no idea what this Bay Area person is talking about.

And, he/she is actually complaining about this:

Sacramento October 2018

High Temps
80's - 21 days
70's - 10 days

Low Temps
60's - 3 days
50's - 9 days
40's - 19 days

Last edited by Chimérique; 11-08-2018 at 12:00 AM..

Old 11-08-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
When it is in the 80's, most Sacramentans do not need A/C because of our very comfortable dew points so I have no idea what this Bay Area person is talking about.

Sacramento October 2018

High Temps
80's - 21 days
70's - 10 days

Low Temps
60's - 3 days
50's - 9 days
40's - 19 days
October in the valley is it's my 2nd fave month after April.

I always laugh when people complain about the October heat here. So you gotta open your windows to cool down for a couple of hours in the evening - OMG, the horror. Meanwhile, people in the deep South are melting or getting flooded and northerners are dealing with cold rain.

Snapshot from today.
72 in sac - nice

Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post

Sacramento October 2018

High Temps
80's - 21 days
70's - 10 days

Low Temps
60's - 3 days
50's - 9 days
40's - 19 days
Exactly. So, your earlier statement that air conditioning is only needed, at most, for 2 months of the year, is proven to be false by most people's need for air conditioning.

If, most of October is in the 80's - which of course, means that indoors it's much hotter, then, this just goes to show that summer extends well into October, at least.

And, here it is November, and the same temperatures continue.

For anyone who wants to know the highs and lows for each day in a month, I highly suggest this website:

https://www.wunderground.com/calenda...C/date/2018-11

Old 11-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Exactly. So, your earlier statement that air conditioning is only needed, at most, for 2 months of the year, is proven to be false by most people's need for air conditioning.

If, most of October is in the 80's - which of course, means that indoors it's much hotter, then, this just goes to show that summer extends well into October, at least.

And, here it is November, and the same temperatures continue.

For anyone who wants to know the highs and lows for each day in a month, I highly suggest this website:

https://www.wunderground.com/calenda...C/date/2018-11
You don't need AC for low 80s. Just open some windows and you'll be good. You can usually get away with it on mid 80 days, too. Edit:low 80s in the central valley means it's only 80 degrees for an hour or two in the evening. Your house isn't going to heat up much because it hit 80s for an hour.

Two months of AC use is best case scenario for sac. It happens, but it's rare. Whoever said it's only two months per year is embellishing a bit.

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 11-08-2018 at 08:02 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
You don't need AC for low 80s. Just open some windows and you'll be good. You can usually get away with it on mid 80 days, too.

Two months of AC use is best case scenario for sac. It happens, but it's rare. Whoever said it's only two months per year is embellishing a bit.
Okay, who sets their AC at 80 degrees to be comfortable?

And, who has a home that is lower than 80 degrees inside, when it's over 80 degrees outside?

My apartment is always hotter inside than it is outside. By a lot. In my south-facing apartment.

Hmmmm.....

So, if it's over 80 degrees outside for 21 days of a month, how many days will most people use their AC?

Let's be real here.

And we're talking about October.

So, what do you think June, July, August, September was like? Or maybe even May or April? And heck, it's still 80 degrees and it's now November.

So, 2 months of AC?

Yeah, right.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,571,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS_15 View Post
It feels weird to complain about "great" weather... but right now I'm so sick of bright blue skies, warm sunshine - turning to quite hot in the middle of the day - and dry oh so dry. We've had all of one scattered rainstorm since May. I'd just love some variety! A few clouds, some rain showers, some cooler days. It feels like it's a very dry Sept/Oct this year but I feel like I've said that the last few years.
I agree. It's too hot and too sunny for too long. Not that it's a deal breaker for me, because there's so much more that I love about the entire area. But my fiancé' and I both prefer more fall or winter feel. There's nothing better than crisp morning air and hot coffee. Sac is going to get about a week of fall weather though and then it's going to get freezing real quick.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:53 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
I agree. It's too hot and too sunny for too long. Not that it's a deal breaker for me, because there's so much more that I love about the entire area. But my fiancé' and I both prefer more fall or winter feel. There's nothing better than crisp morning air and hot coffee. Sac is going to get about a week of fall weather though and then it's going to get freezing real quick.
I agree. This particular late Oct and early November has been unusually warmer than the average, and unusually sunnier than the average for Sacramento. Usually by late Oct especially by Halloween or the first week in November Sacramento is wetter, colder, and less sunny. This latest bit of high dry north winds is unusual for November and if and when it occurs Sacramento normally would have already had one to three rain events (1-3 rain storms).

The normal-average for the last 3-4 weeks in Sacramento should have been one to two full rainy days, followed by a few days of light fog, many more days of cloudy weather, just of shy of rain. It would normally feel a lot more damp. Then some dry north winds to dry things out, like the kind of windy weather we had today, lasting no more the two days. Repeat of the same pattern but as we move into late November, Dec the amount of full rainy days(rainstorms) would increase and last longer, followed by increasing days of fog.

"Freezing", I'm sure you just mean "cold", Sacramento rarely "freezes" and when it does happens its at 5am. Sacramento very very rarely has a high temps in the low thirties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento