Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 09:56 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Agree with you WoR, the cleaner air will make life more pleasant. We had a short break today and yesterday and then after coming out of the movie theaters, it was pouring. No worries had my lunch and cruised back. We should be on track for a normal non drought winter at least here.
Did you know this will be the 4th consecutive season of normal to above normal rain in most of California, especially NorCal. In fact, since the drought broke 4 years ago, we've had above normal rain every year since, and at least 2 of those years its been 150 % or more of normal. The Sierra's also have had 4 years of record breaking snow depth accumulations.

Yet we still talk of the drought, and the climate change folks will never let us forget it.

The drought lasted 3 years, some climate change folks say it lasted 5 years.

Normally, Sacramento averages 20 inches/yr.

We averaged 15 inches per yr. during the 3 years of drought.

The last 3 years we averaged 27 inches per year.

So over the last 6 years we have averaged 21 inches per year.....above normal....as if the drought never happened.

Last edited by Chimérique; 12-07-2019 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 11:05 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,509 times
@Chimerique true and ignorance is rampant among the climate change nutjobs and crazed democrats.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:04 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times
Quote:
@chimerique true and ignorance is rampant among the climate change nutjobs and crazed democrats.
:d

Old 12-08-2019, 07:10 AM

This thread is about Sacramento weather and how it compares with other places.

I'm not making any judgements about climate change, nor any political comments.

Keep in mind, this years rainy season just begun; it could turn out to be a below normal year and could even mean the beginning of a series of below normal years.

If 2 or more below normal years occur, then we are officially in a drought again. Only time will tell.

Rain to date: 19/20 Season:

Redding 7.29 inches
Sacramento 3.67 inches
Riverside 2.70 inches

Last edited by Chimérique; 12-08-2019 at 07:18 AM..

Old 12-08-2019, 03:54 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Hilarious and sad how some of you think you just disproved climate change.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Quote:
@Chimerique true and ignorance is rampant among the climate change nutjobs and crazed democrats.
K brah.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:09 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,509 times
Yeah people cry about drought due to ignorance when we have more rain than usual past few years. I am sick and tired of it and prefer drier weather.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:19 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,005,605 times
Speaking of climate change
Check this picture out, chim. I'm sure you're going to love it

Old 12-08-2019, 04:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I love California's rainy season even when I lived LA.

A clear difference between LA and Sacrmento is the winter, on average, Sac/NorCal is twice as cloudy and receives twice the amount of rainstorms. On average, the rainstorms also last last longer in NorCal and deliver more rain per storm, and are 5-15 degrees colder than the rainstorms in LA.

LA almost always has a clear sunny and warm New Years Day, like clockwork. It's not uncommon for Pasadena and the Rose Bowl to be sunny and 90F!!! Never happens in NorCal. I've always loved and hated that about LA. Sometimes it is just nice to have warmth and sun even the winter, but at the same time; too much of fair and sunny is boring, monotonous, and annoying.
Rain is considered to be an actual event in southern California, not a season. The rain and the general chaos it causes is big news. I mean, you are talking about a place that gets the bulk of it's water from somewhere else.

In Sacramento, you will see real northern California storms. It can rain for days on end. The craziest I have seen was Santa Cruz. It literally rained at some point every day for a month straight.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Rain is considered to be an actual event in southern California, not a season. The rain and the general chaos it causes is big news. I mean, you are talking about a place that gets the bulk of it's water from somewhere else.

In Sacramento, you will see real northern California storms. It can rain for days on end. The craziest I have seen was Santa Cruz. It literally rained at some point every day for a month straight.
Bravo, well said! "An event, not a season", I like that, very descriptive of many places in Southern California.

"You will see real California... storms", I like that too.

There is so much about the Sacramento Area that is "hidden". For example, real winter weather, with tons of snow can be experienced if you live in the foothills, and travel down to Sacramento for work everyday. Like a co-worker of mine who lives just above Pollock Pines, around 4,000 feet, she always gets a little bit of snow with every storm, occasionally she gets a lot of snow, and just 10-15 minutes drive from her home is three times the amount of snow.

Her mother (in her late 80's) is downtown that she cares for so she is always back and forth between Sacramento and Pollock Pines so she experiences a lot of varied winter weather that I don't think is quite possible in LA - not nearly the same amount of snow, rain, and cold.

People in SoCal don't get that Sacramento is easily accessible to a ton of snow and that winter sports is such a big thing here. Our mountains are just far enough to be unnoticeable on a daily basis, as they are in LA. In Sac, you can't see that there is 4 times the amount of snow in the mountains just an 1 hour or 2 hours away. In LA, the mountains get a dust of snow, and the entire of the LA Basin can see the snow, making you think winter sports recreation is a big deal in LA when its not for the vast majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento