Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 09:21 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,262,159 times

Advertisements

Sacramento July 2021

Low Temps
How Many Days of:

70's - Sacramento always cooled well under 70F, most cities across USA stay in the 70's overnight.
60's - 15 days (63F or less = 8 days)
50's - 16 days

High Temps
How Many Days of:

100's - 11 days (5 days less if you account for Heat Index)
90's - 17 days
80's - 3 days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 05:45 PM

207 posts, read 220,291 times
Chimerique, right on cue.

How is our fabulous local weather?

Old 08-08-2021, 10:19 AM

I said this the first time last year.... All of California weather including Sacramento should be downgraded a solid notch for California Wildfire smoke/bad air.

One of the absolutely best reasons to live in California including Sacramento is the weather......because of the smoke this is becoming less of a positive for many, including me. The question is where to move to....everyplace has pros and cons. And sometimes you don't really know about the cons until "youse" lived there a while. People regularly use the word "youse" in the northeast, endearing, but surprising. LoL.

Last edited by Chimérique; 08-08-2021 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-08-2021, 11:15 AM

OK, the weather has improved so Chimerique is right back

Old 08-08-2021, 02:53 PM

And again, my main worry is not just that the local weather went down a notch or so in recent years. The worry is that it will continue going downhill for the next 20-50 years. I am not sure that the state's funding for fire prevention has been and will be adequate. And yes, it will get hotter...

Old 08-08-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalsocal View Post
And yes, it will get hotter...
It's all relative, it will get hotter mostly everywhere, not just Sacramento, and if it doesn't get hotter it will get bad in some way. For example, too much rain and flooding in the midwest, south, and Florida, or snowless mountains in the northwest and interior west; endless forest fires in the West. I wonder how long it will be when Miami Beach or Manhattan will be under 2 feet of water, or the waves of Venice Beach will break onto Pacific Avenue.

I wonder if there is any place where climate change means the "climate' or weather will actually be better than normal. Never heard of such a place. I guess the theory of balance, equilibrium, or homeostasis no longer applies when it comes to Climate Change. The Climate Change predication is that nowhere will be better, across the entire globe, that's ominous, frightening, and formidable.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:34 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,302,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It's all relative, it will get hotter mostly everywhere, not just Sacramento, and if it doesn't get hotter it will get bad in some way. For example, too much rain and flooding in the midwest, south, and Florida, or snowless mountains in the northwest and interior west; endless forest fires in the West. I wonder how long it will be when Miami Beach or Manhattan will be under 2 feet of water, or the waves of Venice Beach will break onto Pacific Avenue.

I wonder if there is any place where climate change means the "climate' or weather will actually be better than normal. Never heard of such a place. I guess the theory of balance, equilibrium, or homeostasis no longer applies when it comes to Climate Change. The Climate Change predication is that nowhere will be better, across the entire globe, that's ominous, frightening, and formidable.
Sacramento used to have a problem with Tule Fog. Climate change has pretty much taken care of that problem. Our winters are much nicer today than 25 years ago. The places where climate change is making them better are the places where the winters will become less harsh but they are far enough north where their summers still aren't that bad even in a warmer planet.

Russia, Canada and possibly parts of the northern US are likely net beneficiaries of Global Warming because it opens up the Artic regions for both of them and it makes their farms more productive with longer growing seasons and the crops that grow there in the future may be more lucrative.

I recall reading something about how Chicago was now planting trees similar to what Atlanta has because they expect that by the time the trees mature Chicago's future climate will be similar to Atlanta's current climate. Now on the West Coast there are some complications with the Alaska current pulling cold water down South so it might not be a 600 mile shift here, like in the midwest. But I wouldn't be surprised if California Redwoods start growing in Oregon in the future.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Sacramento used to have a problem with Tule Fog. Climate change has pretty much taken care of that problem. Our winters are much nicer today than 25 years ago.
It never bothered me too much but I distinctly remember that say 20 years ago I did not like January a little bit here. February was already fine- if it was not raining one could almost always have a few hours around noon- early afternoon that were very pleasant for a walk.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Sacramento used to have a problem with Tule Fog. Climate change has pretty much taken care of that problem. Our winters are much nicer today than 25 years ago. The places where climate change is making them better are the places where the winters will become less harsh but they are far enough north where their summers still aren't that bad even in a warmer planet.

Russia, Canada and possibly parts of the northern US are likely net beneficiaries of Global Warming because it opens up the Artic regions for both of them and it makes their farms more productive with longer growing seasons and the crops that grow there in the future may be more lucrative.

I recall reading something about how Chicago was now planting trees similar to what Atlanta has because they expect that by the time the trees mature Chicago's future climate will be similar to Atlanta's current climate. Now on the West Coast there are some complications with the Alaska current pulling cold water down South so it might not be a 600 mile shift here, like in the midwest. But I wouldn't be surprised if California Redwoods start growing in Oregon in the future.
Yes, that will all be interesting if it all comes to past. We already know the disappearance of tule fog has been a "net beneficiary" for those driving Highway 99 in the winter. I wonder if there is a "net loser" regarding the disappearance of tule fog, perhaps a certain a crop can no longer be productively grown in the Central Valley, etc.?

So, by what you are saying regarding the north, Russian and Canada, equilibrium and homeostasis will still be at work on a global level.

August 10, 2021, 9:30am PST

Sacramento heat index 71F
Baltimore heat index 98F
Memphis heat index 103F

Last edited by Chimérique; 08-10-2021 at 10:32 AM..

Old 08-10-2021, 10:38 AM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Yes, that will all be interesting if it all comes to past. We already know the disappearance of tule fog has been a "net beneficiary" for those driving Highway 99 in the winter. I wonder if there is a "net loser" regarding the disappearance of tule fog, perhaps a certain a crop can no longer be productively grown in the Central Valley, etc.?

So, by what you are saying regarding the north, Russian and Canada, equilibrium and homeostasis will still be at work on a global level.

August 10, 2021, 9:30am PST

Sacramento heat index 71F
Baltimore heat index 98F
Memphis heat index 103F
Comparing the Sacramento heat index at 9 am against Baltimore at 12 pm is not exactly apples to apples. How about comparing the high for each day for a direct comparison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento