Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

We lived all over California, from San Diego to the south and Eureka to the north. Sac had the best weather of anyplace we ever lived. Yes, the summers can get hot, but the evenings are usually cool and comfortable and the winters are mild yet feel like winter. Marin Co had nice weather, but I will still take Sacramento.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,888,677 times
The best time of the year in Sac is between Thanksgiving and the Spring Equinox. Once it stops raining, Sacramento is awful. April and May can be ok. Then it gets hot. And stays hot till mid October.

Everything dies in the summer due to lack of water. It's wrong to have green trees and dead grass. Like its wrong to have green grass and trees without leaves.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM

21,831 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Problem: Sacramento is in California, not the Midwest. You can drive an hour east or west and have much better weather.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,262,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Problem: Sacramento is in California, not the Midwest. You can drive an hour east or west and have much better weather.
Its not a problem, just an added bonus, we have Good weather and even better weather an hour away! - depending upon the time of year, we have better weather.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM

815 posts, read 2,698,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
In the middle of July, the high temperature in Sacramento was 13 degrees cooler than Portland’s high!

Today’s highs:

Portland: 90, Seattle: 84, Sacramento: 77

Phoenix: 101, Bakersfield: 96, Salt Lake: 96, Fresno: 94,
I hate when people use an anomoly as representation of reality. Yes, on a rare occasion you may have Portland be a few degrees warmer then Sacramento. But how often does that really happen??

Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
The best time of the year in Sac is between Thanksgiving and the Spring Equinox. Once it stops raining, Sacramento is awful. April and May can be ok. Then it gets hot. And stays hot till mid October.

Everything dies in the summer due to lack of water. It's wrong to have green trees and dead grass. Like its wrong to have green grass and trees without leaves.
Wrong seems like an odd word, as if this were some sort of ethical question. It's also seems odd to say "everything dies in the summer" and then complain (?) that the trees are green.

Deep-rooted trees do well all summer without much water. It doesn't rain here, so without a ton of irrigation, grass dies. The trees lose their leaves in the winter, because the city has a policy to plant and maintain deciduous trees, which let in more light and warmth in the cold months and give people something to rake up in the winter, while they're bored . Grass is often greener in winter, when the trees don't have leaves, because it rains in the winter, but usually isn't cold enough to freeze and kill the grass. What am I missing?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,838,350 times
Quote:
Since you have not lived in the other regions mentioned than you have no idea how good you have it here, do you? -- concerning the weather.
I spent my summers in western PA growing up, and have traveled extensively throughout the east coast & south, so I'm familiar enough with the weather to know I never wanted to live there.

Quote:
This thread is about Sacramento City, and the southern and western parts of Sacramento County. It’s not about Lincoln, Roseville nor El Dorado and Placer counties .
Folsom is in the western parts of Sac county.

Right now (230 pm) http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather
Folsom: 97.7-102.6 (depending on the weather station
EDH 97.3
Midtown 99.0
Visalia, CA 95.0

Wow, hotter in Sacto County than Visalia!!

Quote:
Not using the A/C on a hot day, on the 7th floor of a concrete building is just plain unwise and unhealthy just about anywhere across the USA. Most people would not tolerant that well. You made a wise decision to use the A/C.
It may be unwise and unhealthy, but it is no different than others (elderly, homeless, the poor, etc) who can not afford the luxury of A/C

Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
I hate when people use an anomoly as representation of reality. Yes, on a rare occasion you may have Portland be a few degrees warmer then Sacramento. But how often does that really happen??
You purposely what to be contentious with me in particular and do not speak to the premise of the thread. But that's ok I can expect that from you.

My comparisons with Seattle/ Portland are not unrealistic because Sacramento's average low temps are on par with Seattle/Portland in the summer, that's a fact. It's an important distinction because over the course of the day Sac's temps are cooler hour by hour compared with the rest of the Central Valley and half the nation. Which means less a/c useage and more hours can be spent outdoors in more tolerable conditions.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I spent my summers in western PA growing up, and have traveled extensively throughout the east coast & south, so I'm familiar enough with the weather to know I never wanted to live there.

Folsom is in the western parts of Sac county.

Right now (230 pm) http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather
Folsom: 97.7-102.6 (depending on the weather station
EDH 97.3
Midtown 99.0
Visalia, CA 95.0

Wow, hotter in Sacto County than Visalia!!

It may be unwise and unhealthy, but it is no different than others (elderly, homeless, the poor, etc) who can not afford the luxury of A/C
You just can't focus on the premise of the thread can you. If u can't afford a/c , you may want to move to an area where u almost never need a/c like SF, or Cali coast in general.

Hères thé premise part: the southwest, east coast, Midwest, Florida, & Texas will all require as much or much more a/c useage than Sac

Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
Wrong seems like an odd word, as if this were some sort of ethical question. It's also seems odd to say "everything dies in the summer" and then complain (?) that the trees are green.

Deep-rooted trees do well all summer without much water. It doesn't rain here, so without a ton of irrigation, grass dies. The trees lose their leaves in the winter, because the city has a policy to plant and maintain deciduous trees, which let in more light and warmth in the cold months and give people something to rake up in the winter, while they're bored . Grass is often greener in winter, when the trees don't have leaves, because it rains in the winter, but usually isn't cold enough to freeze and kill the grass. What am I missing?
Good post, also, it's terribly brown with everything dead-looking in Denver , Salt lake, and anywhere the snow has melted in the winter across our great country when SAC is green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento