Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 03:42 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,275,166 times

Advertisements

Not sure what you are getting at, Sacramento will be warmer and less rain than the Pacific Northwest, and much warmer than Midwest, South, and East sans Florida, and less than half the fog of Fresno. What are u thinking ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
Wanna see this same thread in the winter.
Not sure what you are getting at, In the Winter, Sacramento will be warmer and less rain than the Pacific Northwest, and much warmer than Midwest, South, and East sans Florida, and less than half the fog of Fresno. What are u thinking ?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:33 PM

306 posts, read 603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Not sure what you are getting at, In the Winter, Sacramento will be warmer and less rain than the Pacific Northwest, and much warmer than Midwest, South, and East sans Florida, and less than half the fog of Fresno. What are u thinking ?
Fresno hardly ever has fog. What the heck are you talking about. Check a list of foggy day schedules for fresno and clovis unified. I cant remember the last time they had one. And what is it with trying to compare Sacramento's weather with certain cities you choose? Sacramento weather sucks plain and simple, doesn't matter if fresno gets hotter. Sacramento is not the paradise you claim it to be.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Fresno hardly ever has fog. What the heck are you talking about. Check a list of foggy day schedules for fresno and clovis unified. I cant remember the last time they had one. And what is it with trying to compare Sacramento's weather with certain cities you choose? Sacramento weather sucks plain and simple, doesn't matter if fresno gets hotter. Sacramento is not the paradise you claim it to be.
Im done with you with, you don't support your claims with facts and numbers or long term data as I have.

No one is saying Sacramento is paradise but it certainly is a lot better than Fresno of all places. Those of us who know the geography of the USA and climates of the USA would know that Sacramento has a great climate most of the time and comparing Sacramento's weather with places across the USA helps to show how much "better" Sacramento's weather is to so many other places.

Do these facts and numbers bother you, maybe you don't understand them? One of the ways you can say that one place in cooler or warmer than another place is by comparing them to other cities, or how else would you really know. You actually have to analyze the numbers posted, compare and contrast, remember that from middle School.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 PM

504 posts, read 852,433 times
While it might not be 'paradise', for me it's a lot better than other places I've been for sure. I'd rather have Sac's weather than (Just listing some places I've been) Phoenix, Tucson, Truckee, Reno, Flagstaff, Florida, Charleston SC, Vegas, Willamette valley of Oregon, any place that it snows more than trace amounts, and any place with hot AND super humid summers.

Yes, Sac's weather sucks if you're comparing it to coastal California. But compared to most of the rest of the US, it's pretty nice. For me, anyways.

Last edited by Skeksil; 07-21-2014 at 06:55 PM..

Old 07-21-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Im done with you with, you don't support your claims with facts and numbers or long term data as I have.

No one is saying Sacramento is paradise but it certainly is a lot better than Fresno of all places. Those of us who know the geography of the USA and climates of the USA would know that Sacramento has a great climate most of the time and comparing Sacramento's weather with places across the USA helps to show how much "better" Sacramento's weather is to so many other places.

Do these facts and numbers bother you, maybe you don't understand them? One of the ways you can say that one place in cooler or warmer than another place is by comparing them to other cities, or how else would you really know. You actually have to analyze the numbers posted, compare and contrast, remember that from middle School.
What "facts" prove that Sacramento is better than Fresno? Lower temps? Higher per capita? Shinier buildings downtown? What "facts"? Closer to SF?
How does any of that prove its a better place to live?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:35 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
If you enjoy fresno, by all means stay there and live a happy life. As for me, Ill be visiting our new billion dollar downtown arena.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
What "facts" prove that Sacramento is better than Fresno? Lower temps? Higher per capita? Shinier buildings downtown? What "facts"? Closer to SF?
How does any of that prove its a better place to live?
The media, employers, corporations, and people in general judge Sacramento on the same criteria, so why shouldn't I or anyone else not judge Fresno by the same standard. I you don't need a higher per capita, better quality universities, etc, etc then Fresno is better for you. If your friends and family are in Fresno and all y'all are happy, then Fresno is better for you. Good Luck.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:11 AM

As far As the weather is concerned, if you like hotter summers night and day , more fog in the winter, less clean Air days, less rain, then Fresno is good for you. People, especially coastal Californians, up and down the state criticize Sacramento's weather for those same things. But Sacramento has cooler summers by a significant margin in the summer, less fog, more clean air days and more rain.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
The media, employers, corporations, and people in general judge Sacramento on the same criteria, so why shouldn't I or anyone else not judge Fresno by the same standard. I you don't need a higher per capita, better quality universities, etc, etc then Fresno is better for you. If your friends and family are in Fresno and all y'all are happy, then Fresno is better for you. Good Luck.
This is probably the best answer I have gotten from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento