Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 PM

117 posts, read 485,896 times

Advertisements

So my family member is looking to buy a home in this area of town. It looks much better on the crime maps than does meadowview and similar areas. A few places have bars on the windows,but most houses look old, kinda cute and kept up okay. What are your opinions on this part of town? The house in question is right next to the Executive Airport.

Eta budget is 150,000 so a perfect neighborhood is not likely to happen.

Last edited by misterdammit; 08-01-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Some friends live there with their kids and are very involved with the neighborhood. It's really nice and the park/wilderness area behind the homes is getting some positive attention from the city parks department. Especially if you like mid-century homes! Get used to planes flying overhead, though...

One caveat my friends told me: Apparently there is a drainage ditch between 20th and 21st Street--west of the ditch is the nicer half of the neighborhood, east of the ditch gets more problems for some reason. Apparently fewer troublemakers bother crossing the ditch.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM

457 posts, read 1,182,092 times
I used to live in that general area. The area west of the canal is generally quieter because there is less houses and not any vehicle traffic. The larger and eastern half so to speak gets a lot more traffic and is closer to 24th st.

I lived south of Florin off of 21st and never had any issues. Now, there were some bad things going on but I personally was not affected by it.

I would recommend checking out the Cabrillo Park Neighborhood also. It's the neighborhood that surrounds John Bidwell elem.

If your family member knows the area and what to really expect of it it should not be too bad. I would just get out and talk to neighbors before buying to really find out the climate of the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento