Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 AM

290 posts, read 544,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
The thing you have to remember about Gold River is that it was developed at a time when Rancho Cordova was unincorporated. So all the parks, exercise facilities, landscaping, and other nice things, had to be paid for through HOA.
Which hints at many reasons why depending on local city government isn't quite as effective as a group of private individuals paying to get things done and having codes enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM

409 posts, read 956,950 times
^^so true...aside from cities there are unincorporated areas in the County in which code enforcement isn't quite as effective...

Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 PM

117 posts, read 485,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I don't know what "bustoed" means. Is that ghetto talk?

I said EG was ghetto ONCE. Then I went on to explain that I really meant ghetto-ish... Aka run down, tattered around the edges (others talked a out this as well). But no, the OP is still stuck on "ghetto." I think there are others here who have a reading comprehension issue.

I think EG is lower to solid middle class. I spent many years in Tulare County. EG's growth spurt has even been compared to my home town, Visalia. There are lots of similarities.

Typically, as one ages and rises on the social economic ladder, they buy up. And if they desire, can move into the better communities. So I can afford location now. I worked damn hard to get here. i feel sorry for those of you who are jealous. Maybe when you get a little older and mature, you will understand.

And I agree with marland.
As the Op in question, I feel the need to respond. Let's keep it friendly here please. :-) Elk Grove is made up of working class, middle class, and upper class homes. There may be more economic diversity here than in Folsom (i have not spent all that much time there, except at the outlets), but please visit Laguna West, Big Horn Blvd, etc and then tell me again that Eg is run down. There are SOME rundown places, yes. But every town has some run down places, unless they are in a brand spankin' new community. I drove down some streets in Folsom to get to a sewing shop once and it was not that impressive. However, that doesn't make Folsom "ghetto-ish" or whatever.

I didn't buy in EG because I am lower class, by the way. I bought there because my husband works in Stockton. Stockton, friends, is "ghetto-ish" if anywhere is. :-D

Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I don't know what "bustoed" means. Is that ghetto talk?

I said EG was ghetto ONCE. Then I went on to explain that I really meant ghetto-ish... Aka run down, tattered around the edges (others talked a out this as well). But no, the OP is still stuck on "ghetto." I think there are others here who have a reading comprehension issue.

I think EG is lower to solid middle class. I spent many years in Tulare County. EG's growth spurt has even been compared to my home town, Visalia. There are lots of similarities.

Typically, as one ages and rises on the social economic ladder, they buy up. And if they desire, can move into the better communities. So I can afford location now. I worked damn hard to get here. i feel sorry for those of you who are jealous. Maybe when you get a little older and mature, you will understand.

And I agree with marland.
Lol at the "feel sorry for those who are jealous" comment. Could you be more stuck up? Elk Grove as lower to middle class are you kidding me? There are neighborhoods of 600k+ in EG and plenty of million dollar homes. What imaginary world do you live in that views that as middle class? Before the recession median home price in EG was over 400k!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Home values tanked in every place not called davis. But everything is on the rebound nowadays

Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 PM

117 posts, read 485,896 times
Elk Grove's median income according to city-data.com is 72,415, which is quite a bit higher than the CA average of $58,931. I'm not sure how that is ghetto or even lower middle class.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdammit View Post
Elk Grove's median income according to city-data.com is 72,415, which is quite a bit higher than the CA average of $58,931. I'm not sure how that is ghetto or even lower middle class.
//www.city-data.com/forum/30780534-post5.html

Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 PM

762 posts, read 2,029,902 times
To me, ghetto means a little rough around the edges. To the previous poster, ghetto means brown. What does ghetto mean to you?

Old 08-10-2013, 01:19 AM

409 posts, read 956,950 times
It means it's time to ghetto over it

Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM

762 posts, read 2,029,902 times
Get over what, rancho? Gold river?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento