Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 PM

303 posts, read 540,200 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

My partner and I are trying to coordinate a move to Sacramento in the next month or so. It's still unclear as to whether or not one of us will be able to get out to the city to check out apartments (we were just out there a few weeks ago) so we might be moving into a place sight-unseen. So, I'm trying to gather some info on various complexes we're looking at online.

Does anyone know anything about the L Street Lofts (at 1818 L St) or the 1801 L Street Apartments?

I'm totally open to any other complexes you all know of in the areas of downtown or Midtown. We want to be in the city in a new-ish building that accepts cats and has parking available for one car if that helps narrow things down.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
L Street Lofts were supposed to be for-sale condos, some are being leased while the condo market was soft but they have started selling again. Very high-end. 1801 L are more modestly sized. Both are in a very busy nightlife district (by Sacramento standards) so I wouldn't recommend it if you're a light sleeper or don't care for the party scene. I think in both cases you have to make separate arrangements to rent a parking space in their basement garages.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,653,036 times
Nice places in a great area. A little on the pricey end. wburg may be right that it could be a noisy area, but I imagine that up a few floors in a modern building helps kill the noise quite a bit.

The standard advice for Midtown is that you should make a trip if it's at all possible. There just aren't that many big complexes/buildings that come to mind, but there are myriad small complexes, houses, duplexes/triplexes, and everything in between. That said, the people I know who have moved out without being able to spend much time here ahead of the move have gone a similar route to you. They moved out after a year or less, but it still gave them a good place to live, while they felt out the neighborhoods etc.

Along those lines, a couple others that come to mind:
Downtown:
http://www.800jlofts.com/

Just east of Midtown (despite its name, it's not in Midtown). This is where my friend lived. It's super pet-friendly and includes parking. Nice neighborhood, but farther from the action. (Walking distance to plenty of interesting stuff though.)
Sacramento Apartments | Sacramento Midtown Apartments

Old 08-26-2013, 06:13 PM

303 posts, read 540,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
L Street Lofts were supposed to be for-sale condos, some are being leased while the condo market was soft but they have started selling again. Very high-end. 1801 L are more modestly sized. Both are in a very busy nightlife district (by Sacramento standards) so I wouldn't recommend it if you're a light sleeper or don't care for the party scene. I think in both cases you have to make separate arrangements to rent a parking space in their basement garages.
Thanks for the info! Definitely no light sleepers here! We live a couple miles from the airport, police station, fire station, and major hospitals so we've learned to sleep through everything. I'll make sure to ask about the parking situations too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
Nice places in a great area. A little on the pricey end. wburg may be right that it could be a noisy area, but I imagine that up a few floors in a modern building helps kill the noise quite a bit.

The standard advice for Midtown is that you should make a trip if it's at all possible. There just aren't that many big complexes/buildings that come to mind, but there are myriad small complexes, houses, duplexes/triplexes, and everything in between. That said, the people I know who have moved out without being able to spend much time here ahead of the move have gone a similar route to you. They moved out after a year or less, but it still gave them a good place to live, while they felt out the neighborhoods etc.

Along those lines, a couple others that come to mind:
Downtown:
http://www.800jlofts.com/

Just east of Midtown (despite its name, it's not in Midtown). This is where my friend lived. It's super pet-friendly and includes parking. Nice neighborhood, but farther from the action. (Walking distance to plenty of interesting stuff though.)
Sacramento Apartments | Sacramento Midtown Apartments
Thanks ryuns! It's looking like at least one of us might fly ahead to look around (hopefully) and then come back to help drive the cats cross-country. I remember seeing tons of little places when we were walking around but of course I didn't take down any names or addresses because I wasn't thinking ahead. I'll check out the 800J website and the Alexan. Both sound great, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: