Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:23 PM

11 posts, read 61,818 times

Advertisements

Hahahahahh yeah i guess. They still do have those football teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 04:16 PM

38 posts, read 230,372 times
Yeah, wormy916, I agree with ya. Fake ass Russian and Indian wannabes reside here in Antelope. My friend got a knife pulled out on a Russian at school and my friend said "Stab me!". The mother****er didnt stab him. But threatened him with that he was going to get jumped by 15 other Russians. Haha. The kid wears a tight American Eagle sweater and has short hair. Hella gangsta, lol jk. Yeah there is many fake Russians and Indians in Antelope. But its just funny to me

Old 03-25-2008, 06:33 PM

553 posts, read 2,332,243 times
Immigrants people immigrants! Who cares what nationality they are? Immigrant populations usually have more incidents of crime because the immigrant parents usually (not always) do not speak fluent english limiting their ability to secure good paying jobs. This doesn't imply that all people with jobs that do not pay good wages are criminal it just means that the likelihood of criminal behavior is greater due to the lack of opportunity to make money. Like it or not it is a fact that areas of less affluence typically have more crime.
Antelope has many immigrants because it is affordable. Some neighborhoods are nicer than others...you have to take your chances. As for me I would rather rent and wait until I could afford in a nicer area, but that just me and my preference. I am sorry for all of the Ukrainian, Mexicans and Russians who were offended by some of the comments made in these posts. I think it sucks to be singled out because of race.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:55 PM

Im not trying to be racist. Im just saying quite a few, to the point where it is too many, Russian and Ukranian immigrants are just mean and threatening, and fanatically religious. I dont think its cause of lack of money. Sure it is probably the case fr the some. I am not saying all Russian and Ukraines are bad people. I have friends who are Russian and Ukraine.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:33 AM

17 posts, read 123,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencetheshadows View Post
...quite a few, to the point where it is too many, Russian and Ukranian immigrants are just mean and threatening, and fanatically religious.
Now that is an insult to the Russian/Ukrainian community right there. I know being a teenager almost anybody may have done some crap that they regretted later, but you are broad-brushing the whole population right there, not just the school age kids. And may I ask what you mean by fanatically religious? Do you think just because someone goes to church or follows the Bible or doesn't celebrate Halloween like you do that makes them religious fanatics??? Last time I checked, the country I was living in was called the United States of America, and freedom of religion was still guaranteed by the Constitution. You don't believe in God? Fine. But there are some of us out there that do.

Quote:
...Im not trying to be racist ...I am not saying all Russian and Ukraines are bad people. I have friends who are Russian and Ukraine.
Isn't it ironic when someone says "I'm not racist or anything, but..." and then they say something completely opposite to that effect...

Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 AM

Haha, Sorry about that. Lemme change that for you. SOME of the Russian and Ukranian population are mean and threatening, and fanatically religious. Not all. I am not a racist person. And people could be religious if they want, as long as they dont shove it in my face. Ive seen lots of Russian (not saying russians are BAD) who come up to me and tell me Im going to go to hell for this and that. You can believe in whatever you want. But please don't try to tell me what will happen to me if I don't believe in it, and don't try to get me to join your religion. That is what I think. It isn't that hard, really.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 AM

17 posts, read 123,936 times
Quote:
Haha, Sorry about that. Lemme change that for you. SOME of the Russian and Ukranian population are mean and threatening, and fanatically religious. Not all. I am not a racist person. And people could be religious if they want, as long as they dont shove it in my face. Ive seen lots of Russian (not saying russians are BAD) who come up to me and tell me Im going to go to hell for this and that. You can believe in whatever you want. But please don't try to tell me what will happen to me if I don't believe in it, and don't try to get me to join your religion. That is what I think. It isn't that hard, really.
Excellent... Then I can say something like "Some of the American population in California are mean and threatening, and have total lack of respect for the almighty God". See, the problem with people is (and always was) that many are deeply convicted they can do anything they want and therefore they have no reason to have God in their life. That's why we see things like students shooting their classmates. Of course they would - they don't believe in God so why would they fear any judgement or punishment for what they do? But hey, remember: what goes around, comes around. So think about that, and be happy to count God's blessings in your life as I am sure you have many of them.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchik View Post
Excellent... Then I can say something like "Some of the American population in California are mean and threatening, and have total lack of respect for the almighty God". See, the problem with people is (and always was) that many are deeply convicted they can do anything they want and therefore they have no reason to have God in their life. That's why we see things like students shooting their classmates. Of course they would - they don't believe in God so why would they fear any judgement or punishment for what they do? But hey, remember: what goes around, comes around. So think about that, and be happy to count God's blessings in your life as I am sure you have many of them.
Haha. Alrighty then.......

Old 04-05-2008, 10:00 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
My main worry about Antelope is the possibility of unexploded bombs from the big munitions train explosion there in the seventies. They think they found them all, but every couple of years it seems like they stumble across another one...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
My main worry about Antelope is the possibility of unexploded bombs from the big munitions train explosion there in the seventies. They think they found them all, but every couple of years it seems like they stumble across another one...
True. I think it was 1999, that was the last time I heard they found some bombs. Hope they found them all, or at least hope Ive grown up and moved out by the time the place blows up. Haha, jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento